Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2010, 09:33 AM

1,466 posts, read 4,338,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Had McCoy been in the game, good bye Bama.
Something that not only you but almost everybody seems to forget: McCoy was int eh game. He didn't break his leg skiing the week before the game. He didn't have the flu and sat out because of dehydration. He started the game and got curbstomped because the Bama defense shut his ass down.

McCoy played. McCoy did not drop bombs. McCoy got smacked around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
Just their 13th national championship.
ESPN says it's their 8th, and I say it's their 5th.

I am so tired of hearing this mythical 13th national championships that some Bama fans claim. I am sure most football fans know the truth, but for those of you that don't realize the ridiculousness of this claim, get yourself a bag of popcorn and watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAbBwfDr6_s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 09:52 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,140,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Say what you will Bama fan, I don't care for either team, I just like football. Your team is the first * team of the decade. You beat a crippled team, so what. You might be the best in the nation, you probably deserve to be ranked #1, but your championship game was tainted in most folks view (except SEC fans).
Not a 'Bama fan...in fact, I don't care for them.

So, they "might be the best in the nation, you probably deserve to be ranked #1" but the "team is the first * team of the decade"? I believe your logic is flawed.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:23 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,575,322 times
Quote:
Thing is, Alabama played so poorly on offense, how can one not believe that things would have turned out different.
Really? Last I checked 'Bama had not one but TWO 100+ yard plus rushers, each at over 5 yards per carry (5.3 and 5.7).

I guess your definition of poorly is different than mine. I'd say that is a great offensive showing.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:28 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,508,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
Something that not only you but almost everybody seems to forget: McCoy was int eh game. He didn't break his leg skiing the week before the game. He didn't have the flu and sat out because of dehydration. He started the game and got curbstomped because the Bama defense shut his ass down.

McCoy played. McCoy did not drop bombs. McCoy got smacked around.
McCoy was moving the ball ust fine before he took an awkward helmet to the shoulder. Once he left the game, true fresh Gilbert was stone cold until the end of the fourth.

Would have been a completely different game. But who knows, Bama would not have played nearly as conservatively either.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:23 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,239,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Really? Last I checked 'Bama had not one but TWO 100+ yard plus rushers, each at over 5 yards per carry (5.3 and 5.7).

I guess your definition of poorly is different than mine. I'd say that is a great offensive showing.
GIlbert threw 4 interceptions, and one fumble in the red zone, thats why you won...Period. You had short fields most of the game. Bama fan, no matter what you say, the rest of us, even those of us who hate the Horns(which I passionatly do) , will find this game forgetable. Gumpism: Life is like a true freshman quarterback, you never know what you're gonna get.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:58 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,575,322 times
Quote:
GIlbert threw 4 interceptions, and one fumble in the red zone, thats why you won...Period. You had short fields most of the game. Bama fan, no matter what you say, the rest of us, even those of us who hate the Horns(which I passionatly do) , will find this game forgetable. Gumpism: Life is like a true freshman quarterback, you never know what you're gonna get.
You? Please don't confuse me with a 'Bama fan. I was just pointing out that 'Bama ran the ball all over the UT defense.

I can't stand either UT or Bama.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:40 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,239,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
You? Please don't confuse me with a 'Bama fan. I was just pointing out that 'Bama ran the ball all over the UT defense.

I can't stand either UT or Bama.
Fair enough. Although I have no interest in hating Alabama myself. Actually started out the night wanting Alabama to destroy Texas, but I wanted the best from Texas so Austin Texas would lose with no excuses.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:43 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,776,449 times
Quote:

ESPN says it's their 8th, and I say it's their 5th.

I am so tired of hearing this mythical 13th national championships that some Bama fans claim. I am sure most football fans know the truth, but for those of you that don't realize the ridiculousness of this claim, get yourself a bag of popcorn and watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAbBwfDr6_s
Boise State has 0. I think they could have at least had a chance to try for #1.

As a TCU fan, I'm disapponted. As a Texan, I hate how the Title Game turned out. And as a college football fan, I'd like to know why the hell we don't have a f***in' playoff!

Old 01-09-2010, 04:48 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,338,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
And as a college football fan, I'd like to know why the hell we don't have a f***in' playoff!
College does have a playoff. It is called the Southeastern Conference. The 12 teams play to find out who is the best from the east and west, they have their championship game in Atlanta, and they let one other team lose to them in early January before they take the trophy home.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:48 PM

754 posts, read 1,915,954 times
Quote:
College does have a playoff. It is called the Southeastern Conference. The 12 teams play to find out who is the best from the east and west, they have their championship game in Atlanta, and they let one other team lose to them in early January before they take the trophy home.
Ha!

As an Alabama fan, all I have to say is no matter how you count them, Alabama has one more National Championship title to add to its' credit. And 10, 20 or 100 years from now, this game against Texas will count the same as it does right now - a WIN!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football