U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-09-2010, 05:58 PM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,179,706 times
Reputation: 7005

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984vt View Post
Ha!

As an Alabama fan, all I have to say is no matter how you count them, Alabama has one more National Championship title to add to its' credit. And 10, 20 or 100 years from now, this game against Texas will count the same as it does right now - a WIN!
Yeah it will..... for you and the SEC. But trust me, not everyone (and that includes the outside of Texas) will think of this as a genuine title.

And I'm not trying to take anything away from Alabama. They won and they're champions. It's just that there will be those who wont think this will count....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-09-2010, 06:27 PM
 
Location: Fort Smith, Arkansas
1,466 posts, read 3,800,056 times
Reputation: 1050
This is one of the few titles that Bama claims that is actually legitimate. It is ironic that so many people want to erase this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2010, 08:18 PM
 
Location: Boise, ID
1,356 posts, read 5,473,430 times
Reputation: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
This is one of the few titles that Bama claims that is actually legitimate. It is ironic that so many people want to erase this one.
It is interesting you would say that. Now, granted, I am in Boise (but not really a BSU fan per se) but this title of Alabama's seems more controversial than others in recent years. Many in the national media are even saying that there really is no way to know how Boise State would match up with Alabama. Seems like the call for a playoff is louder than ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2010, 08:20 PM
 
1,640 posts, read 4,229,849 times
Reputation: 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
GIlbert threw 4 interceptions, and one fumble in the red zone, thats why you won...Period. You had short fields most of the game. Bama fan, no matter what you say, the rest of us, even those of us who hate the Horns(which I passionatly do) , will find this game forgetable. Gumpism: Life is like a true freshman quarterback, you never know what you're gonna get.
I'm sure Bama would've executed a different game plan if McCoy stayed in the game so we really have no way of knowing how things would've turned out, which sucks. I do agree that this is a very forgettable NC game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2010, 10:47 PM
 
Location: Fort Smith, Arkansas
1,466 posts, read 3,800,056 times
Reputation: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners fan View Post
It is interesting you would say that. Now, granted, I am in Boise (but not really a BSU fan per se) but this title of Alabama's seems more controversial than others in recent years. Many in the national media are even saying that there really is no way to know how Boise State would match up with Alabama. Seems like the call for a playoff is louder than ever.
I haven't been hearing an outcry of injustice from my perspective (but I really don't watch much tv other than sportcenter on my computer). It seems that the people I have heard and talked to gave up on the Boise/TCU love after the lackluster Fiesta Bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2010, 01:14 PM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,179,706 times
Reputation: 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
I haven't been hearing an outcry of injustice from my perspective (but I really don't watch much tv other than sportcenter on my computer). It seems that the people I have heard and talked to gave up on the Boise/TCU love after the lackluster Fiesta Bowl.
Yeah, because it's TCU and Boise State it was lackluster. Any one of the BCS schools and everyone would be calling this a defensive struggle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2010, 01:52 PM
 
3,935 posts, read 5,587,717 times
Reputation: 4160
I can't believe all of this talk about Alabama's NC is not really being legit because Texas' qb got hurt! Thats part of football. By you guys logic, Texas should have an asterisk by their name for beating OU because Bradford was hurt and out, and a freshman qb came in. It was obvious that OU was playing much better than Texas. Whats the difference ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2010, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Jacksonville,Florida
3,772 posts, read 9,548,246 times
Reputation: 1981
Quote:
I don't agree with these poll standings by the BCS

College Football Rankings | Comcast.net
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2010, 02:02 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,853,641 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I can't believe all of this talk about Alabama's NC is not really being legit because Texas' qb got hurt! Thats part of football. By you guys logic, Texas should have an asterisk by their name for beating OU because Bradford was hurt and out, and a freshman qb came in. It was obvious that OU was playing much better than Texas. Whats the difference ?
There is none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2010, 02:03 PM
 
Location: GIlbert, AZ
3,022 posts, read 4,525,855 times
Reputation: 2052
wow, did the people involved in the Harris poll actually watch the Feista Bowl?

Btw, who won the championship again, its so forgetable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top