U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2010, 04:15 PM
JJG

13,249 posts, read 19,222,951 times

Advertisements

Wow.....

After seeing those rankings, college football is even more f'ed up than I thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 05:55 PM

1,356 posts, read 5,483,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
That BCS poll is the pre-bowls poll:

College Football - Rankings - Rivals.com

Does BCS put out a final poll?

We have a BCS champion but do we really have a national champion??

Old 01-10-2010, 08:23 PM

6,183 posts, read 5,001,961 times
Rutgers = 10 wins next year and a Gator Bowl berth. You heard it here first

Old 01-10-2010, 08:24 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,861,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners fan View Post
Does BCS put out a final poll?
No they don't.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:26 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,861,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I really like their QB. He'll be something special.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:44 PM

3,865 posts, read 6,889,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Boise State got a cushy schedule all year and was able to rest up, devoid of injuries like most other BCS schools that had injuries and tough schedules. Sure they'll be able to put a competitive game together when they get to sit around and rest all year long. I'm not convinced of this team that likes to play on a blue field; they are just a sham and will never, EVER be a REAL team until they play a R-E-A-L schedule.
Next year they play Virginia Tech. Go Hokies!

Old 01-10-2010, 09:56 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,773,715 times
I used to complain about BSU too, but it's self serving.

Boise State can't help it if their conference is weak. What CAN be helped is more big named schools having the balls to actually schedule them and other legit up and comers in stead of Troy, Albany and Youngstown state.

As long as teams continue to fight such patsies to pad their schedule, their so called ranking will always be suspect. (This goes for all teams including mine).

Old 01-10-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I am skeptical but that would be HUGE coup for Schiano and his team, they at least need to get ranked again.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:38 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,806,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
I used to complain about BSU too, but it's self serving.

Boise State can't help it if their conference is weak. What CAN be helped is more big named schools having the balls to actually schedule them and other legit up and comers in stead of Troy, Albany and Youngstown state.

As long as teams continue to fight such patsies to pad their schedule, their so called ranking will always be suspect. (This goes for all teams including mine).
Troy? Did you see their record this season? 9-3. They only lost to Bowling Green, Florida, & Arkansas.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:17 PM

Fair point.

So how do people think next year will turn out?

USC aside, I think we will see more of the traditional powers assert themselves sommore.

Notables include; Alabama, Ohio State and Nebraska. Texas A 'n M and Miami should be on the upswing as well. These are the most readily apparent to me. Any got handle on any sleeper teams that will surprise the world (or at least the pollsters).

What will be interesting to me is the job the new coaches will be doing. Naturally I hope Mike London will make improvements at UVA.

Most interesting is Charlie Strong at L'Ville. It seems like he is getting some top flight recruits there (looks rough going for Joker and the Big Blue).

Turner Gil will be interesting to see what he can do at Kansas, I expect big things from Steve Sarkisian at Washington as well. Stanford is lucky to hold onto Jim Harbaugh, especially because it seems that USC dominance will regress (further?).

The SEC (or half of it at any rate), will continue to kick major tail. Alabama will be fearsome.

Big Questions (to me);

Will there be any team to challenge the juggernaut that is the Tide?

How bad is the Urban Meyer deal for Florida, Brian Kelley for Cincy or Pete Carroll's for USC?

Will Michigan and Notre Dame get their collective acts together?

Will Wanny continue to build Pitt into a top flight team?

Will Jeff Tedford get the Teddy Bears back on track?

Will Greg Schiano FINALLY be in the run for a Big East title?

Can Butch Davis make a nationally (not just regionally) respectable team in Chapel Hill?

and for that matter will the ACC and Big East be able to step it up a notch and earn some respect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football