U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2009, 05:00 AM

2,818 posts, read 5,821,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
So! Autzen is nothing compared to the Swamp or the Shoe.
You can't say it aint a factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 05:04 AM

2,091 posts, read 3,019,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
So! Autzen is nothing compared to the Swamp or the Shoe.
Cal's not playing at the Swamp. But, it is louder than both.

Autzen Stadium (http://football.ballparks.com/NCAA/Pac10/Oregon/index.htm - broken link)

Old 09-17-2009, 06:00 AM

9,807 posts, read 13,469,808 times
Cal will be used to loud stadiums after playing Saturday at the Gophers new football stadium.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Cal will be used to loud stadiums after playing Saturday at the Gophers new football stadium.
Lol they can't get use to it after just one game but I get what you pointing at.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:24 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,019,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Love the support for the Gophers, but there ain't no way Minnesota's new pad is anywhere close to Autzen.

Autzen's 59,000 strong make the Big House collectively sound like a pathetic whimper. It's louder than any place I've ever been, and that includes "The Swamp" at Florida, "The Shoe" in Columbus and "Death Valley" at Louisiana State. Autzen Stadium is where great teams go to die."
- J. Brady McCullough, The Michigan Daily.

"Per square yard, the loudest stadium in the history of the planet."
- Keith Jackson, ABC Sports.

"The Autzen Bounce causes deafness in laboratory rats."
- Dennis Dodd, CBSSportsline.

"Q: What would you say the loudest stadiums are? Corso: I think Autzen Stadium. Per person, the Oregon stadium is the loudest stadium I've ever been in. The fact that it's so low to the ground doesn't allow the sound to escape."
- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay.

"If you've never been to a game at Autzen Stadium do yourself a favor and get there soon. One word for the experience. Loud. Hurt your ears loud. Make them bleed loud. The Big Ten has nothing as loud as Autzen."
- BigTenTailgate.com

"Per capita, Autzen is the loudest venue in all of college football."
J. Brady McCollough, The Michigan Daily.

"It's very tough. The crowd there is unbelievably educated on when to be loud and when to calm down when they have the ball. It's just a very tough environment with the noise and just trying to communicate."
- Jeff Tedford, Cal HC

"They are very difficult to beat at home. The crowd is, from every report I get, from every coach I've spoken with, a real factor. You have to learn to communicate without talking, because talking doesn't do you any good."
- Lloyd Carr, Michigan HC (before playing at Autzen).

"That's the loudest stadium I've ever been in."
- Lloyd Carr, Michigan HC (after playing at Autzen).

"Crowd noise is almost an unfair advantage. You can't check plays, you seemingly have less time on the play clock and everything starts to feel really rushed."
- Troy Taylor, Cal QB

"They're going to be loud from the first snap until the last snap. They are right on top of you and they're just relentless."
- Barry Alvarez, Wisconsin HC.

"You can hear a pin drop when their offense is on the field, and when our offense is out there, it's like being in a thunderstorm."
- Thomas DeCloud, Cal Safety.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:20 PM

59 posts, read 35,882 times
Looks like Miami is back or close to a top 15 team in the country. This is a whoopin they are putting on Ga tech.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut21 View Post
Looks like Miami is back or close to a top 15 team in the country. This is a whoopin they are putting on Ga tech.
Luckly I picked them im my college football pickem

Old 09-17-2009, 11:37 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,771,940 times
Anyone hear about the almost finalized Yankee Stadium bowl plans?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/15/sp...15newbowl.html

As a Big East supporter, I am all for getting our name out there, and I like seeing teams duking it out in cold weather (Tv spectator perspective) but fighting the 7th pick of the Big 12....even I must yawn to that one. That's like Big East vs. a bad K-State or any Iowa State

Old 09-18-2009, 12:52 AM

9,029 posts, read 16,444,433 times
great win for the canes!

Old 09-18-2009, 07:36 AM

59 posts, read 35,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Luckly I picked them im my college football pickem

Smart move on your part. I thought they might win but the dominated, and with some pretty big hits. The next couple weeks should be interesting when they play Va tech and OU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football