U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2009, 08:53 PM

59 posts, read 35,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post

But, I went to The University of Tennessee for Grad School

not to sidetrack the conversation but have you been to Rocky Top? I always wondered what that place was like and the way the describe it makes it seem like a great place to watch a game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 09:06 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,019,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut21 View Post
not to sidetrack the conversation but have you been to Rocky Top? I always wondered what that place was like and the way the describe it makes it seem like a great place to watch a game.
Of course. I still pay a boat load of money to that school. LOL

It is huge. Neyland sits right by the Tennessee River. So you get the Volunteer Navy cruising in and docking their boats by the stadium. The coolest thing is when you see some redneck dingy parked next to nicer boats (you know you are in the SEC). There is a ton of tailgating around the stadium and in the surrounding neighborhood. I think it is even more packed than Longhorn games, but it is close. It is loud, but since it isn't sunken into the ground like Autzen, it seems a bit tamer. However, it is pretty cool to hear the entire stadium sing, "Rocky Top, you'll always be home sweet home to me. Good ol' Rocky Top. Whooaa! Rocky Top Tenessee!"

http://volnavyboaters.com/images/VolNavy02.jpg (broken link)

Next year the Ducks play at Knoxville and you can bet I'll be there when we run all over that overrated SEC team...

Old 09-18-2009, 11:13 PM

462 posts, read 732,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
In 2005 Oregon lost to SC 45-13, so of course it was not that loud. However, when UO beat SC in 2007, it registered 127 decibels, which is the loudest any stadium has ever been recorded. Besides, unless you are a SC fan or a Duck fan I highly doubt you had seats down towards the field that you could have heard the full effect (at least for the first half when we were competitive).

But, I went to The University of Tennessee for Grad School and I have been to not only the Swamp, but to Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss (the Grove), and Arkansas and with the exception of LSU I was not impressed. And I have been to both Florida and LSU twice.

HAHAHA the fans were pretty happy in the first half. My brother in law works for NIKE as an executive so we had really good seats. I'm sorry man I just wasn't that impressed. Ive heard so many times over the years how loud Autzen stadium is and maybe it was because of high expectations that it didn't deliver. My dad lives in Grants Pass and for so many years bragged about Autzen stadium. Maybe I was in a bad mood going into the game because it was freakin freezing.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:40 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,772,100 times
Lotta cool games coming up.

Not really interested in the Kiffin-Meyer drama, odds are the Vols are gonna go down, question is how bad?

Cincy vs. Beavers looks to be pretty interesting as does Huskers vs. Hokies and the 'Eers at Auburn. Hoping Southern Cal doesn't rough up the Huskies TOO much but I don't buy the upset talk (glad to see W is on the rise though).

I'll be watching Cal at. Minn cause I haven't seen the Bears play yet. After that scare at Ohio State, Pitt vs. Navy should be cool too.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:18 AM

2,818 posts, read 5,821,786 times
#10 Boise State gets past Fresno State 51-34

Old 09-19-2009, 02:12 AM

59 posts, read 35,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
#10 Boise State gets past Fresno State 51-34

Looks like there might be a few BCS party crashers this year.

Old 09-19-2009, 02:39 AM

462 posts, read 732,357 times
I will be watching USC against the Huskies. I'm curious to see how the Washington coaches scheme against Pete.

Old 09-19-2009, 03:05 AM

2,818 posts, read 5,821,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
I will be watching USC against the Huskies. I'm curious to see how the Washington coaches scheme against Pete.
Thats my upset alert for Week 3, to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Huskies were to win this. Got a feeling something big is brewin.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:50 AM

No way the Fuskies get by SC. However, if it is close you know the SEC honks will say how bad SC is fully forgeting that UScrub played LSU tough.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:56 AM

Oregon vs. Utah on ESPN. The Ducks have a slew of big recruits at the game so hopefully this is an impressive win.

Interesting development in Eugene. For those of you into recruiting, this might interest you:

http://www.news-record.com/content/2...ibility_appeal

Gabe King has now transfered to South Eugene High School which is in the shadows of the University of Oregon...future Ducky?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football