U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-27-2009, 02:03 PM

899 posts, read 930,715 times

Advertisements

I was surprised to see Michigan maintain their ranking after almost losing to Indiana at home. I also think Virginia Tech destroying Miami makes Nebraska's performance at Blacksburg last week look even better. Huskers should be higher than 23rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 04:20 PM

2,818 posts, read 4,145,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
They're both littered with bias, don't get me started on them Bowden boys. The AP is worthless though as far the BCS goes.
OU controls about 95% of their own destiny. Which is good.

You would have thought losing to an unranked team would have tanked USC, apparently not. They are ND like love in the polls. Gosh I hope they lose again.

And what the heck happened to Miami? They get beat on the road by a ranked opponent and fall 9 or 10 spots? WTF?
Thats why I always look at the coaches poll first, because in the end the AP poll doesn't have an impact.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:26 PM

3,845 posts, read 3,146,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Thats why I always look at the coaches poll first, because in the end the AP poll doesn't have an impact.
Unless you are USC.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:43 PM

756 posts, read 1,166,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
I'm not making fun of the guy for getting hurt, but the reactions were and are nothing short of hilarious.

Did you see the training staff break the sound barrier running onto the field when Tebow didn't get up? They looked like a pack of hyenas trying to get at a sick antelope! I have NEVER seen a staff run onto the field like that for anyone before.

How about Tebow's parents running down the stands? I'm sure they were worried about their kid, but I'm also sure they looked up and saw millions of dollars flying out of the stadium as well. "There goes the retirement beach house in Destin, honey".

The Gator fans......all looking like they'd just lost their homes or something.

And of course the media......you'd think the President had been shot. Absolutely ridiculous.

Gotta go now, I need to see if Tim vomited again within the past 20 minutes.
I am not Gator fan, however, his parents are missionaries that dedicate their lives to God, and to less advantaged people. But, more importantly, they are parents. I doubt his parents were running down because they saw dollars signs. I didn't like that part of your post at all. Besides, it is big news in college football because he is Florida.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:57 PM

Baylors' QB Robert Griffin III out for season, torn ACL.

Sux bad, hope he rehabs good.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:02 PM

462 posts, read 538,380 times
Quote:
Yeah I'm thinking our D should be able to do the same thing as Va Tech, J Harris looked lke crap with all of that pressure. It looks like it will be the "game of the week". Although I'm kind of interested to see if IU can beat tOSU that would be great.

I'm a homer, but I think if we have SB back, we blow them out.

Hopefully not. I really don't want to see Bob stoops get his butt kicked in another BCS national title game. Please Florida and Texas do not lose so the country won't have to watch Stoops embarrass himself in the national title game again.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
Please Florida and Texas do not lose
Good luck with that. Aint gonna happen.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:09 PM

13,440 posts, read 14,806,568 times
Quote:
Good luck with that. Aint gonna happen.
OU isn't going to beat neither of them.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
OU isn't going to beat neither of them.
I never said they will. And you are really that confident? LOL.

If you are impressed with either one of those teams then you are one of the few that is.

Funny I just say that I think OU handles UM next week. Then a Horn fan chimes in something about OU in the MNC game that is 3 months away.
Then, I just say that I think UF and UT are not going to run the table, and a different horn fan chimes in some BS about OU, obsess much?

You guys wonder why everyone that doesn't live in the state of texas (and some that do) laugh at horn fans, it's because every other word out of their mouth is something about OU. LMAO.

I know the OU D line will be by far the best one ut has seen all year, and the way Colt has looked so far, I wouldn't be acting confident, most horn fans I know aren't. He's throwing picks left and right against ****box teams.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:34 PM
JL

6,364 posts, read 6,901,176 times
I'm an alumni of Univ. of Texas and Univ. of Houston. I seriously think UH could go undefeated, but not so with UT. From what i've seen, UT seems a bit shaky. I would not be surprised if OU knocks them off. Also, i'm surprised that the Aggies have been doing so well eventhough they haven't played anyone. From what i've seen of other teams, Alabama has impressed me the most thus far. It is still early, but these are my impressions so far.

I hope Case Keenum is considered for the Heisman. This guy proved to me that he deserves consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football