U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2009, 08:22 PM

462 posts, read 732,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
I wish Dennis Dixon was still playing for the Ducks...nevergoingback knows we would have won the NC with him...

However, you are right, our TE Ed Dickson has been stepping up. We seem to have found our offense lately. But, we are now very banged up. Masoli (QB...at least it isn't our returning Heisman QB like the team from Norman...ouch)) has a tweaked knee, one of our young starting O-line is out, our db is gone for the year, one of our young rb is banged up, and apparently our star rb, LeGarrette Blount hasn't been seen since the Boise CC game.

But, fUCLA still gets worked this weekend

HAHAHA for some reason I though Ed spelled it Dixon. Mr Ed Dickson might be the best tight end in all of football. UCLA is way overrated, Oregon should handle them easily. THe Ducks have to get some what healthy for October 31st if they want a chance at winning the Pac 10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 02:28 AM

977 posts, read 1,633,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Nebraska 31-13.
Well it didn't go how I thought it would, but I wasn't that far off.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:45 AM

2,021 posts, read 2,021,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
What other SEC teams has USC put on their schedule?

I am not going to say that USC would have a losing record in the SEC, and I am not trying to sound like the typical "SEC is the best, you all suck" type of person (even though it probably sounds like I am).

My original statement was that Arkansas is getting their butts handed to them in the SEC and aTm made them look like world-beaters. And with the Big XII's non-conference schedule, they are showing that they are not very good (although they seem to think that they are). The comeback about USC was weak sauce.
It's not that USC wouldn't play any of the upper tier SEC teams, Those upper tier SEC teams are afraid to play any of the top teams in the nation, including USC. Look at their OOC schedule!! They play teams like Troy, Fla International. They are afraid to lose because they know if they lose an OOC game, and possibly a conf. game, that just may eliminate them from any chance at a BCS title game.

USC isn't afraid of any SEC team, and would gladly play any of them. But in recent years only Auburn and Arkansas was brave enough to play them, and both got whipped. So those teams like Fla and LSU will continue to play teams like Troy, Fla Intl. and the Sister's of Mercy.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:23 PM

2,021 posts, read 2,021,577 times
Here is a perfect example of what I am talking about. The top three teams in the SEC are Florida, Alabama and LSU.

Florida’s out of conference schedule consist of Charleston Southern,
Troy, Florida International and Florida State.

Alabama schedules Virginia Tech, Florida International, North Texas and Chattanooga.

LSU plays Washington, Louisiana-Lafayette, Tulane and Louisiana Tech.

Not exactly top ten teams, or even top 20 teams for that matter. I would love to see a Florida/Texas or USC game in the regular season.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:34 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,023,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Here is a perfect example of what I am talking about. The top three teams in the SEC are Florida, Alabama and LSU.

Florida’s out of conference schedule consist of Charleston Southern,
Troy, Florida International and Florida State.

Alabama schedules Virginia Tech, Florida International, North Texas and Chattanooga.

LSU plays Washington, Louisiana-Lafayette, Tulane and Louisiana Tech.

Not exactly top ten teams, or even top 20 teams for that matter. I would love to see a Florida/Texas or USC game in the regular season.
You might get your wish of SC vs. UT.

statesman.com

I want the Oregon Ducks to play more SEC and Big XII teams. It would be interesting to see them roll up to Autzen and witness how loud it can get. 4-5 years back, Miss. State came up and got roughed up. They had some really cool fans and most Ducks I know really liked them and wish them well. They always come chat with us on the Duck blog and wish us well. They are just good folks.

We play Tennessee next year and I fully expect a blowout at Neyland. We also play UGA in a few years too.

I think the argument of how tough the SEC schedule is getting a bit old, even for SEC fans. I think the logical fans are realizing that they may not be so superior to everyone else. I know the Pac has a 10-7 record against the SEC since 2000. Times are a changing.

Last edited by Acuda; 10-09-2009 at 07:44 PM..

Old 10-09-2009, 07:39 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,827,177 times
Nevada up 14-7 vs LA Tech.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:05 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,023,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
HAHAHA for some reason I though Ed spelled it Dixon. Mr Ed Dickson might be the best tight end in all of football. UCLA is way overrated, Oregon should handle them easily. THe Ducks have to get some what healthy for October 31st if they want a chance at winning the Pac 10.
No joke. We are straight beat up. However, I think we will be good to go. We have a lot of faith in our 2nd string QB. I feel we will beat fUCLA handily this weekend.

That Halloween matchup vs. USC is going to be bananas. Autzen is crazy most of the time. It is nicknamed the "Autzen Zoo." I have seen some strange folks there (a dude in a barrel...and nothing else, animal costumes, coconut wearing dudes, afros galore, etc.) and even my girlfriend who is a Longhorn admitted that the Duck game was far more bizarre than she has ever winessed in Austin. I know the Ducks are going to try and "blackout" the stadium and wear all black unis. Hopefully they both win out and Gameday comes to town.

Regardless of the outcome though, at least we have our beloved cheerleaders.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:13 PM

16,536 posts, read 21,026,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Nevada up 14-7 vs LA Tech.
Nevada NOW up 23-14 over Tech, with about 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:48 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,806,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
It's not that USC wouldn't play any of the upper tier SEC teams, Those upper tier SEC teams are afraid to play any of the top teams in the nation, including USC.
link?

Quote:
Look at their OOC schedule!!
Look at their in-conference schedule

Quote:
They play teams like Troy, Fla International.
They also play teams like Florida, LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Georgia, etc.

Quote:
They are afraid to lose because they know if they lose an OOC game, and possibly a conf. game, that just may eliminate them from any chance at a BCS title game.
Unlike teams in lesser conferences (see:PAC 10, Big XII), their conference schedule is strong enough to put them in the championship game. No need to take crazy chances.

USC needs to worry about beating teams like Oregon State and Washington more than they need to worry about what the SEC is doing.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:29 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,827,177 times
And Nevada use their rushing game once again to get past LA Tech 37-14 for Coach Ault's 200th win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football