U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-10-2009, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,091 posts, read 3,019,837 times
Reputation: 864

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984vt View Post
I do follow and support my own team. But, when people start questioning the strength of a conference and the teams they play, you have a tendency to want to see your conference do well. "Strength of Schedule".. you know.
No one questions your conference. Intelligent people simply state facts that the SEC is not as superior as so many SEC honks claim they are. If that gets your panties in a knot, that's your problem.

It is plain and simple. The SEC is good, but they are not head and shoulders over everyone else...and they do not have the record to prove it. Yes, Florida and LSU have won recent NCs, but the rest of the SEC hasn't done smack. It isn't because of their conference schedule. It is because the SEC's so called strong teams of Georgia gets blown out, Tenessee can't even win at home versus UCLA, Auburn gets killed by Arkansas, etc. In fact, your bottom dweller Vandy lost to Army for gosh sakes.

It is the SEC homers that claim they are so great and it really is based off of Florida and LSU nowdays.

P.S. Wasn't there some guy who was a fan of a certain orange and white team that said we would lose to that mighty fUCLA defense? Oh well, I'm sure he has gone away...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-10-2009, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Birmingham
756 posts, read 1,716,197 times
Reputation: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
No one questions your conference. Intelligent people simply state facts that the SEC is not as superior as so many SEC honks claim they are. If that gets your panties in a knot, that's your problem.

It is plain and simple. The SEC is good, but they are not head and shoulders over everyone else...and they do not have the record to prove it. Yes, Florida and LSU have won recent NCs, but the rest of the SEC hasn't done smack. It isn't because of their conference schedule. It is because the SEC's so called strong teams of Georgia gets blown out, Tenessee can't even win at home versus UCLA, Auburn gets killed by Arkansas, etc. In fact, your bottom dweller Vandy lost to Army for gosh sakes.

It is the SEC homers that claim they are so great and it really is based off of Florida and LSU nowdays.

P.S. Wasn't there some guy who was a fan of a certain orange and white team that said we would lose to that mighty fUCLA defense? Oh well, I'm sure he has gone away...
Don't bring up past NC's even if LSU and Florida have dominated the last 5 or ten years - the SEC has dominated more than that! Again, fact, and if that gets YOUR panties in a wad - f u . I was just stating that in polls, strength of schedule does matter. Any team can lose on any given day and that is evident. I root for the SEC because it seems to matter to everyone else. I was and always will be an Alabama fan was a fan that carried season tickets even in the losing seasons. The one thing about AL. fans is that even when losing, we still always think we can and should win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2009, 05:48 PM
 
462 posts, read 732,357 times
Reputation: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Penn State was either over ranked or overwhelmed...LOL....But you now are ahead in the polls....but also may be over rated too.


I'm going to go with C all the above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2009, 05:55 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,856,625 times
Reputation: 1825
Big XII has the most MNC's. rah! rah! rah!

jes sayin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2009, 05:56 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,091 posts, read 3,019,837 times
Reputation: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984vt View Post
Don't bring up past NC's even if LSU and Florida have dominated the last 5 or ten years - the SEC has dominated more than that! Again, fact, and if that gets YOUR panties in a wad - f u . I was just stating that in polls, strength of schedule does matter. Any team can lose on any given day and that is evident. I root for the SEC because it seems to matter to everyone else. I was and always will be an Alabama fan was a fan that carried season tickets even in the losing seasons. The one thing about AL. fans is that even when losing, we still always think we can and should win.
Really, f u. Is that what you have? Your panties are bound up tight there in Birmingham. Everyone just seems to pick on the poor ol' SEC. Oh, I'm sorry, but the SEC has a losing record to the Pac-10 this decade. You are not dominant. You are a great conference, but you would not destroy all other teams. Please tell me how Bama lost to a Utah team that needed 9 points in the last 1:20 to beat lowly ol' Oregon State?

Sure, we can go back a million years ago and I guess you'll win that argument, but that was...a million years ago. You can root for the SEC all you want and claim that any SEC team can beat any other conference team, but I call b.s.

The only reason that the SEC has a tough SOS is because of biased polls that will now claim how tough a horrible Vol team is now somehow credible for beating an even worse UGA team.

Stop whining

Last edited by Acuda; 10-10-2009 at 06:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2009, 06:33 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, Florida
15,400 posts, read 19,587,506 times
Reputation: 11067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
I'm going to go with C all the above.
Good shot!....And Arkansas was impressive today. So was Penn State...... I can poke fun...I'm a PSU fanatic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2009, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Fort Smith, Arkansas
1,466 posts, read 3,802,693 times
Reputation: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
No, its mainly the SEC

They are the only conference that chants it. SEC! SEC! SEC!

gimme a break.
It would be very strange for non-SEC schools to chant SEC! SEC! SEC!

Just saying....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2009, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,091 posts, read 3,019,837 times
Reputation: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
It would be very strange for non-SEC schools to chant SEC! SEC! SEC!

Just saying....
Good one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2009, 09:01 PM
 
462 posts, read 732,357 times
Reputation: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984vt View Post
Don't bring up past NC's even if LSU and Florida have dominated the last 5 or ten years - the SEC has dominated more than that! Again, fact, and if that gets YOUR panties in a wad - f u . I was just stating that in polls, strength of schedule does matter. Any team can lose on any given day and that is evident. I root for the SEC because it seems to matter to everyone else. I was and always will be an Alabama fan was a fan that carried season tickets even in the losing seasons. The one thing about AL. fans is that even when losing, we still always think we can and should win.

So whats your point? Every fan thinks their team can and should always win, even in a losing season. You might think your a "special" fan but your just like everybody else big guy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2009, 09:04 PM
 
462 posts, read 732,357 times
Reputation: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Arky over Auburn.

Michigan is going to beat Iowa today.

LSU wins.

There are my 3 upsets I got this week. (with ranked teams involved)

I think you going 1 and 2 this week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top