U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 09:52 AM

2,091 posts, read 3,016,838 times

Advertisements

For those of you that want to ignore a poster for whatever reason, all you need to do is to click on your name, go into My Settings, click on Edit Ignore list, and add that person's name. Then you are good to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 09:58 AM

16,522 posts, read 20,961,579 times
We've had some good action on this college thread, it's the best one going with 600 plus posts. But I'll shut down this thread temporarily so cooler heads can prevail. Or I can just shut down the thread. Name calling and personal insults won't cut it with me-period.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-12-2009 at 10:21 AM..

Old 10-12-2009, 11:06 AM

462 posts, read 731,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolDude View Post
There were both national commentators and even clueless posters on here saying the Vols would lose by 70. You probably conveniently missed those comments or they were broadcast after your bed time.

A smart person would recognize that I've clearly said numerous times that the Vols are not very good and are rebuilding. Please continue backing up my statements that you're not smart by placing words in my mouth. All I'm saying is that Mississippi State West (Oregon) will lose to the Vols next year. It's not like that's saying much considering their sorry program.

Auburn didn't play for the National Championship in '04 because of their schedule.

You're obviously under 12 so I'll let you be. Play some more EA Sports games and pretend you know anything.

HAHAHA!!! Now your saying Auburn, an SEC team, had a weaker schedule in 2004 then USC. You just admitted the SEC wasn't tough in 2004, but then in an earlier post you said they have been the best conferance the last 5 years. Make up your mind please!!!!! I know Florida was projected by many to win by 70, but you said UT was projected to win by 70 in your last post. And your mississippi state (west) Oregon diss is weak.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:13 AM

462 posts, read 731,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Says the guy on a FB board, talks **** about eveyone elses team but doesn't have a team of his that he makes known.

You add nothing here, I'm going to request you not post in this thread anymore.

Oh yeah caveman, in 2009 its not really cool to call people retarded. If you have to resort to making fun of people that have disabilities (I'm sure VolDude is not developmentally disabled , if he is, then that would make what you said even worse), please just go away. I feel sorry for you.

Again, you add nothing to this thread. Week in and week out.

Calling someone retarded? Really?!?

Wow it's easy to get in your head. You're totally that insecure guy with no confidance. I'm sorry I didn't see it before. I'll be nicer to you if my posts hurt your feelings. My team is UH!! Anyother questions I can anwser for ya?

Old 10-12-2009, 11:26 AM

I think this thread is getting lame. It really has 4 of us dominating the bickering. So, I'm going to get back to talking about all of college football.

My Ducks have a bye this week. We are banged up and need it. What good games are on this weekend?

Old 10-12-2009, 11:49 AM

623 posts, read 1,348,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
HAHAHA!!! Now your saying Auburn, an SEC team, had a weaker schedule in 2004 then USC. You just admitted the SEC wasn't tough in 2004, but then in an earlier post you said they have been the best conferance the last 5 years. Make up your mind please!!!!! I know Florida was projected by many to win by 70, but you said UT was projected to win by 70 in your last post. And your mississippi state (west) Oregon diss is weak.
I was talking about out-of-conference schedule Einstein. Auburn played a D I-AA team that year and for that alone had no business being in the NC game. SOS is about as relative to who is the strongest conference as football knowledge is to an Oregon fan.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:56 AM

623 posts, read 1,348,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
But, the truth is your team is bad. They have a 3-3 record, a losing one in the SEC and are frankly not in the conversation. You cannot successfully argue that a Pac-10 team that has beaten UCLA by 14 points is worse than a UT team that lost to them at home. Logic doesn't work that way. I know, I know Mr. Grammar Queen, you are attempting to twist that logic, but you're not that bright...even though you know a lot of mean words to call people (like idiot, moron, nitwit)
Okay, we'll use some Mississippi State West logic here: Ole Miss was better than Oklahoma and anyone else on the Gator's schedule last year because they beat UF.

You've not thrown an insult out there all thread. Great point.

Quote:
The Vols are like a raggedy ol' blanky that lil' boys from Chattanooga like to snuggle next to their mommies with. That blanky needs to go in the trash because it is finished. You need to choose a new, shiny team that you can actually talk about with intelligence here. Here, I'll let you use my team...the Oregon Ducks. They are currently ranked #13 with a 5-1 record, 2-0 in the Pac-10. We are playing Washington and then USC. Here are some other stats that may help you:
LOL. No, I'll stick with a real program. Not one that prides themselves in an inability to get their facts straight.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:04 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,851,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
Wow it's easy to get in your head. You're totally that insecure guy with no confidance. I'm sorry I didn't see it before. I'll be nicer to you if my posts hurt your feelings. My team is UH!! Anyother questions I can anwser for ya?
youre a ****ing tool

Old 10-12-2009, 12:06 PM

Oklahoma vs. Texas. Who y'all have?

Nevergoingback...how many points do the Sooners win by?

Old 10-12-2009, 12:10 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,851,641 times
Quote:
Oklahoma vs. Texas. Who y'all have?

Nevergoingback...how many points do the Sooners win by?
OU by 3. Neither team has impressed me much.

If we can stop Shipley, they wont score more than 10.

If we can't.... it'll be a long day for OU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football