U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 12:53 PM

2,011 posts, read 2,012,098 times

Advertisements

Look at their in-conference schedule

We were talking about OOC schedule, games they can control on their OOC schedule.

They also play teams like Florida, LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Georgia, etc.

Those are games they have no control of, they must play their conference games.

Unlike teams in lesser conferences (see:PAC 10, Big XII), their conference schedule is strong enough to put them in the championship game. No need to take crazy chances.

You just made my point. The SEC upper tier teams are afraid to play the big boys in OOC games, because one OOC loss, plus a conf. loss, most likely means no BSC title game.

USC needs to worry about beating teams like Oregon State and Washington more than they need to worry about what the SEC is doing.

I couldn't agree more. Since none of those top SEC will ever want to schedule USC.

Last edited by Just One of the Guys; 10-12-2009 at 01:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 12:59 PM

2,011 posts, read 2,012,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
Keep living in the past buddy!!
I would agree, they are the best conference. But they're not as good as many think. Florida in my opnion now has an easy road of SEC teams until they play for the SEC championship game against Alabama.

Many of the SEC teams like Tenn. Georgia, Ole Miss, Arkansas and Auburn they are just over rated good teams. Much like Notre Dame.

IMO there are only two teams that can beat Florida this year, that is Alabama and USC.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:50 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
IMO there are only two teams that can beat Florida this year, that is Alabama and USC.
Right now I would agree with that.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:52 PM

462 posts, read 731,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolDude View Post
I was talking about out-of-conference schedule Einstein. Auburn played a D I-AA team that year and for that alone had no business being in the NC game. SOS is about as relative to who is the strongest conference as football knowledge is to an Oregon fan.

I appologize!! I'm sorry I can't read minds. And by the way i'm not an Oregon fan!!!

Old 10-12-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Oklahoma vs. Texas. Who y'all have?

Nevergoingback...how many points do the Sooners win by?

Like my buddy Nevergoingback I have OU over Texas
I have Georgia Tech upsetting Virgina Tech
I have Alabama avoiding upset at South Carolina
i have USC avoiding upset at Notre Dame
I have USF upsetting Cincinati on thursday.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
youre a ****ing tool

This is so us!!! Come on man I'm picking and rooting for your sooners this wekend.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:32 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,844 times
Quote:
I like all of those except Cinci. I think Cinci avoids the upset @ USF. I like Pike.

USCe has been a tough place to play so far this year. This will be the a big test for 'Bama IMO.

I like Tech to keep it close in Lincoln.

Shocked you have OU over UT. For the first time in awhile I think the team that gets it done on D wins. I'm thinking 13-10 OU. Probably higher score but for OU to pull it off I don't think that they can allow more than 14.

Also a GREAT Wednesday night game in Tulsa!! If BSU wants to be taken seriously they better put a whoopin on The Golden Hurricane. I'm a homer though, I think BSU is overrated and I love TU. If Tulsa's D shows up they will be all right. I like TU to keep it close, I hope that they can pull it off.

I know TU can win.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:36 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,017,575 times
Quote:
I refuse to say OU beats UT...you know, Nevergoingback, that whole onside kick thing
I just don't believe that an option team can overcome a team with a good defense. I think VaTech has really stepped it up defensively, so I think VT wins. Bama looks darn good. I think it is close for a while, but Bama begins to pull away and wins by 13. USC runs roughshod over the Irish. Cinci and USF will be good, but the Bearcats win.

My upset specials: Wisky over Iowa @ Madison, Mizzou over Okie State.

And what in God's name is Michigan playing against Deleware State for? I mean, at least play U of Delaware so we can watch teams with the same helmet and unis on the field together. How pathetic for Michigan to play DSU...but, if I remember correctly the last time they played a D-II school it didn't turn out so well...:smack

Old 10-12-2009, 08:51 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,017,575 times
Possible preliminary BCS rankings (not affiliated with the BCS)- interesting to check out until Wednesday when we can watch more football

preliminary BCS rankings (http://bcscentral.info/prelim_bcs_rankings.html - broken link)

Old 10-13-2009, 07:20 AM

738 posts, read 2,623,925 times
Quote:
I'm hoping to see OU topple Texas. Texas hasn't looked impressive enough this year to garner their rankings, they're still getting the benefit of doubt from last years results. I think they're legit if they can win this weekend, but it's the first and only test they've had thus far. OU is gonna be playing like a top team with Bradford back, too bad for them that they already lost those two. I still want them to knock off Texas and think they will, revenge for their only loss last season (even though Texas got snuffed on the NC too). Last years game between them was awesome, should be another good one!

I think Bama steamrolls through the SEC for the rest of the season and plays Florida for the SECCG. 'Bama has looked much more dominant than florida to me as well, and has been the strongest looking team so far.

VT@GT - call me a homer (my screenname), but I think VT steamrolls them like Miami. Ok, not steamroll, but I think they control and win it convincingly. This is the first I've seen VT have an "offense" in many years that's actually performing well with confidence, and I think the defense will be up for the challenge; Tyrod, Ryan Williams and the offense have been hot ever since that deep ball against Nebraska. GT's defense is full of holes all over, and VT just has to slow down their triple option. Beamer's got a different attitude and some extra fire this year at VT, I think this team is on a mission.

USC@ND - USC rolls pretty easily, I think ND is way overrated and just in the top 25 because of their name. They'll be brought down to earth again, and hopefully all this Clausen-heisman crap will stop.

Cinci @ USF - haven't really watched them much this year, but I know Pike has been putting up some nice stats at Cinci.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football