U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 08:13 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
I have Alabama avoiding upset at South Carolina
Edit; It's USCe @ 'Bama. The Tide rolls big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
My upset specials: Wisky over Iowa @ Madison, Mizzou over Okie State.
I like almost any Big10 team at home against Iowa, remember week 1? They had to block FGs to pull it out against Northern Iowa. I for sure like Wisky in that one.

I still think Okie State is not half bad. I'll take Okie Light, just because its at home. I think that will be the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 04:48 PM

462 posts, read 731,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
I'm hoping to see OU topple Texas. Texas hasn't looked impressive enough this year to garner their rankings, they're still getting the benefit of doubt from last years results. I think they're legit if they can win this weekend, but it's the first and only test they've had thus far. OU is gonna be playing like a top team with Bradford back, too bad for them that they already lost those two. I still want them to knock off Texas and think they will, revenge for their only loss last season (even though Texas got snuffed on the NC too). Last years game between them was awesome, should be another good one!

I think Bama steamrolls through the SEC for the rest of the season and plays Florida for the SECCG. 'Bama has looked much more dominant than florida to me as well, and has been the strongest looking team so far.

VT@GT - call me a homer (my screenname), but I think VT steamrolls them like Miami. Ok, not steamroll, but I think they control and win it convincingly. This is the first I've seen VT have an "offense" in many years that's actually performing well with confidence, and I think the defense will be up for the challenge; Tyrod, Ryan Williams and the offense have been hot ever since that deep ball against Nebraska. GT's defense is full of holes all over, and VT just has to slow down their triple option. Beamer's got a different attitude and some extra fire this year at VT, I think this team is on a mission.

USC@ND - USC rolls pretty easily, I think ND is way overrated and just in the top 25 because of their name. They'll be brought down to earth again, and hopefully all this Clausen-heisman crap will stop.

Cinci @ USF - haven't really watched them much this year, but I know Pike has been putting up some nice stats at Cinci.

IT's sad because I think the real national championship this year is going to be the SEC title game. IF USC continues to improve and goes the rest of the year undefeated, I would enjoy watching them against Bama or Florida. BUt Texas is way overrated and I don't want to see them in the Rose Bowl

Old 10-13-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Edit; It's USCe @ 'Bama. The Tide rolls big.

I like almost any Big10 team at home against Iowa, remember week 1? They had to block FGs to pull it out against Northern Iowa. I for sure like Wisky in that one.

I still think Okie State is not half bad. I'll take Okie Light, just because its at home. I think that will be the difference.

I'm looking at the Arkansas Florida matchup and i'm starting to get a funny upset feeling. I think the razerbacks could pull a big time upset this week.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:04 AM

738 posts, read 2,623,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
IT's sad because I think the real national championship this year is going to be the SEC title game. IF USC continues to improve and goes the rest of the year undefeated, I would enjoy watching them against Bama or Florida. BUt Texas is way overrated and I don't want to see them in the Rose Bowl
Yeah, even though Florida hasn't looked as dominant, I know they can turn it on when needed; they have more than enough talent. Bama has looked like the strongest team so far to me, and I hope those two meet for the the SECCG again.

Texas has been pretty lackluster, and I hope they do start to fall back to earth. Oklahoma should be dangerous again now that Bradford is back behind center.

And USC, well, I hope they lose. I don't thinks if it's forgivable that they lost to Washington if they're a NC caliber team this year. They always drop that one game to a nothing team. They've got Oregon coming up in a few weeks, I think that's their next real test. Yes, I am slightly biased because USC is on VT's heels right now in the rankings as well, so there's a personal motive behind wanting them to lose as well.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
Yeah, even though Florida hasn't looked as dominant, I know they can turn it on when needed; they have more than enough talent. Bama has looked like the strongest team so far to me, and I hope those two meet for the the SECCG again.

Texas has been pretty lackluster, and I hope they do start to fall back to earth. Oklahoma should be dangerous again now that Bradford is back behind center.

And USC, well, I hope they lose. I don't thinks if it's forgivable that they lost to Washington if they're a NC caliber team this year. They always drop that one game to a nothing team. They've got Oregon coming up in a few weeks, I think that's their next real test. Yes, I am slightly biased because USC is on VT's heels right now in the rankings as well, so there's a personal motive behind wanting them to lose as well.

I do have to say that this is the best VT team I have seen in a long time. If they win out they also deserve a shot at the title game.The USC loss to Washington looks really bad, but they had their backup quaterback in and no Taylor Mays. Then again there are no excuses, and USC having 3 turnovers inside the red zone during that game is a big reason why they lost. THe funny thing is the BCS polls might actually help USC this year, because of their schedule. USC does have a vicious road schedule this year. I wouldn't mind seeing a VT USC title game matchup.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:39 PM

16,522 posts, read 20,966,979 times
Boise State at Tulsa, tonight. Whatcha got on this one people? Games starts at 8 p.m. eastern.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:48 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,799,128 times
Tulsa is a shell of thee team they had when Malzahn was running the offense. I don't think Boy-zee is all that great either, but the Broncos will run away with this one.

BSU 45
Tulsa 17

Old 10-14-2009, 05:05 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,418 times
Homer alert!!

Boise doesn't cover the -9 for sure.

Tulsa-42
Bois Estate-38

Old 10-14-2009, 06:42 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,799,128 times
This one is looking to be a good one.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:06 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,817,361 times
Just got home from work and its going to plan to what I think it'll go like. BSU up by 1 with possession and 7.54 til halftime, I expect BSU to break open in the second half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football