U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-14-2009, 07:34 PM
 
84 posts, read 237,391 times
Reputation: 46

Advertisements

It's halftime and Boise State is up 18 to 14 AGAINST UNRANKED TULSA, and they are ranked #5 in the AP? OU trounced Tulsa this season 45-0. It seems clear that Boise State doesn't deserve the #5 ranking. I don't care if they win the game, their performance is LACKLUSTER.

Believe it or not, I have UT over OU in the RRS (I still call it the Red River Shootout). After observing OU's deficiencies in the OU-Baylor game, I don't think we can pull through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-14-2009, 07:36 PM
 
84 posts, read 237,391 times
Reputation: 46
Default Funny Sign

Saw a funny sign in the BSU-Tulsa game. A Tulsa fan was holding a sign that said "Boise State isn't a State!." Anyone know why they call themselves Boise State?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2009, 08:26 PM
 
Location: Fort Smith, Arkansas
1,466 posts, read 3,805,715 times
Reputation: 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSooner View Post
Saw a funny sign in the BSU-Tulsa game. A Tulsa fan was holding a sign that said "Boise State isn't a State!." Anyone know why they call themselves Boise State?
Because they are a state university in Boise and Idaho State was already taken 68 years before Boise became a state university.

They aren't the only ones that do that. Just off the top of my head:Jackson State, Ball State, Kent State.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2009, 10:00 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,860,424 times
Reputation: 1825
San Diego State.

What a game!! dadgumit!


I'm a bettin man, so in my book Tulsa won. heh.

So a home opener against an underachieving UO team and a road game at Tulsa are your two toughest games of the year and you think that you should be considered on the same level as teams that play in real conferences?

Not even close until the WAC gets ALOT better.

Keep calling the BCS BS. I call BSonU.

BSU is a top 25 team at best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2009, 10:51 PM
 
84 posts, read 237,391 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
San Diego State.

What a game!! dadgumit!


I'm a bettin man, so in my book Tulsa won. heh.

So a home opener against an underachieving UO team and a road game at Tulsa are your two toughest games of the year and you think that you should be considered on the same level as teams that play in real conferences?

Not even close until the WAC gets ALOT better.

Keep calling the BCS BS. I call BSonU.

BSU is a top 25 team at best.
I expect that you will have some Boise State fans responding to this by saying something along the lines of "Well, we beat OU in our 2007 BCS Bowl" so we're capable of playing with the big boys.

Likewise, I anticipate that even if OU beats Texas, we will still hear the same old mantra of "At least we win our bowl games" and jokes to that effect. A win over Texas this weekend will more than make up for the bowl game jokes. (I'm not denying that OU has a bowl game problem, just that beating an opponent who taunts you with such facts gives a level of some satisfaction).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2009, 11:37 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,825,623 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSooner View Post
I expect that you will have some Boise State fans responding to this by saying something along the lines of "Well, we beat OU in our 2007 BCS Bowl" so we're capable of playing with the big boys.

Likewise, I anticipate that even if OU beats Texas, we will still hear the same old mantra of "At least we win our bowl games" and jokes to that effect. A win over Texas this weekend will more than make up for the bowl game jokes. (I'm not denying that OU has a bowl game problem, just that beating an opponent who taunts you with such facts gives a level of some satisfaction).
We'll you should know that there are no Boise State fans like that on this board. Don't know how regulary you post here but if you did post or read over here very often you'd know that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 01:27 AM
 
Location: New Mexico to Texas
4,552 posts, read 13,474,692 times
Reputation: 2125
I think Boise St. is a top 25 team but not a top 5 team, the whole BCS thing needs to change so we can see how they would actually match up against some other teams if they went through a playoff system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 01:46 AM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,825,623 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I think Boise St. is a top 25 team but not a top 5 team, the whole BCS thing needs to change so we can see how they would actually match up against some other teams if they went through a playoff system.
x2, although I believe they have better talent than more than quite a few top 25 teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 06:56 AM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,663 posts, read 27,133,198 times
Reputation: 9594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
IT's sad because I think the real national championship this year is going to be the SEC title game. IF USC continues to improve and goes the rest of the year undefeated, I would enjoy watching them against Bama or Florida. BUt Texas is way overrated and I don't want to see them in the Rose Bowl
What has Florida done so far to make them look so much better than Texas? They haven't looked that great themselves. Make no mistake, both Texas and Florida are very good. Texas has not opened it's playbook on offense because of their opponents. Our running game wasn't great last year and we still had one of the better offenses in the nation (which is the case this year). Texas special teams is a step better and our defense is much better. Texas maybe overrated. But way overrated they are not. They are still a top 5-7 team. Oh and no, the SEC title game will not be the real national title game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 07:27 AM
 
16,532 posts, read 21,018,011 times
Reputation: 47992
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I think Boise St. is a top 25 team but not a top 5 team, the whole BCS thing needs to change so we can see how they would actually match up against some other teams if they went through a playoff system.
yep, Desert Sun and matty46 are right; that's all it takes is a playoff to find out how we really stack up on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top