U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-15-2009, 11:53 AM
 
Location: California
2,011 posts, read 2,012,483 times
Reputation: 1775

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I think Boise St. is a top 25 team but not a top 5 team, the whole BCS thing needs to change so we can see how they would actually match up against some other teams if they went through a playoff system.
So with Boise State just barely Tulsa, do they drop in the rankings? I think they should be in the 12-15 range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-15-2009, 03:14 PM
 
462 posts, read 732,005 times
Reputation: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
What has Florida done so far to make them look so much better than Texas? They haven't looked that great themselves. Make no mistake, both Texas and Florida are very good. Texas has not opened it's playbook on offense because of their opponents. Our running game wasn't great last year and we still had one of the better offenses in the nation (which is the case this year). Texas special teams is a step better and our defense is much better. Texas maybe overrated. But way overrated they are not. They are still a top 5-7 team. Oh and no, the SEC title game will not be the real national title game.

Come from behind wins against teams like Colorado at home doesn't impress people. So yes IMO they are way overrated at 3. We will find out alot this weekend. If they dominate OU then I will shut up about them. I still think Alabama and Florida are head and shoulders abover everybody else, so yeah when IMO the 2 best teams in college football play each other it's like a national championship game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 03:55 PM
 
Location: California
2,011 posts, read 2,012,483 times
Reputation: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
Come from behind wins against teams like Colorado at home doesn't impress people. So yes IMO they are way overrated at 3. We will find out alot this weekend. If they dominate OU then I will shut up about them. I still think Alabama and Florida are head and shoulders abover everybody else, so yeah when IMO the 2 best teams in college football play each other it's like a national championship game.
Then you can keep that trophy, but I would rather have that crystal football.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,633 posts, read 27,056,837 times
Reputation: 9577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
Come from behind wins against teams like Colorado at home doesn't impress people. So yes IMO they are way overrated at 3. We will find out alot this weekend. If they dominate OU then I will shut up about them. I still think Alabama and Florida are head and shoulders abover everybody else, so yeah when IMO the 2 best teams in college football play each other it's like a national championship game.
Well in 2005, come from behind wins against terrible teams like Texas A&M and average teams like Oklahoma State didn't impress people either and Texas still took care of business and won those games and the national championship in January. Each week is different. Texas played awful no doubt in the 1st 25 minutes of the game. But Texas absolutely dominated the game (especially on defense) even though the score doesn't reflect it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 05:58 PM
 
462 posts, read 732,005 times
Reputation: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Then you can keep that trophy, but I would rather have that crystal football.

I agree! I hope i'm wrong and we get the two best teams in the Rose Bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 06:00 PM
 
462 posts, read 732,005 times
Reputation: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Well in 2005, come from behind wins against terrible teams like Texas A&M and average teams like Oklahoma State didn't impress people either and Texas still took care of business and won those games and the national championship in January. Each week is different. Texas played awful no doubt in the 1st 25 minutes of the game. But Texas absolutely dominated the game (especially on defense) even though the score doesn't reflect it.

You could be right. I'm really excited for the UT OU game this weekend. I'm really curious to see if i'm wrong about Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 08:31 PM
 
Location: Southern Minnesota
5,990 posts, read 11,566,350 times
Reputation: 3232
I don't think Boise is overrated. They have been consistently good for the last five years, and have beaten some great teams in that same time period, especially this season. They're contenders.

Also, I can't wait to see USC smack Notre Dame this weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2009, 02:05 AM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,818,286 times
Reputation: 1324
Oh man imagine what Notre Dame will be like if they win, please USC win!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2009, 03:43 AM
 
Location: Waco, TX
977 posts, read 1,629,865 times
Reputation: 683
Nah, it would be far better if Notre Dame won. Then maybe USC would go away, finally. They're not a national championship team, no matter how much all the media wants them to be. If they lose that game and/or at Oregon, maybe we'd never have to hear about them anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2009, 05:06 AM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,091 posts, read 3,017,801 times
Reputation: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Nah, it would be far better if Notre Dame won. Then maybe USC would go away, finally. They're not a national championship team, no matter how much all the media wants them to be. If they lose that game and/or at Oregon, maybe we'd never have to hear about them anymore.
Yeah, they may not be NC caliber this year, but I bet they are next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top