U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2009, 06:54 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,907,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Terrelle Pryor is so overrated. He'll be about as good an NFL player as Vince Young.
Yep, I completely agree. And if you listen to him speak, he sounds about as smart as a nail on the wall!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 08:21 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,827,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Yep, I completely agree. And if you listen to him speak, he sounds about as smart as a nail on the wall!
I think that goes for about 90% of college athletes.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:51 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,618,934 times
Gotta feel bad for Sam Bradford. His decision to return to OU is gonna cost him untold wealth and security for the rest of his life. He may still play in the NFL, but he won't be getting any real dough up front with that bad shoulder.

It's sad that in this day & age a young kid gets second guessed for wanting to finish his college career, but I can't honestly sit here and say it was the best decision for his financial future. When the time comes that someone is ready and willing to instantly make you a multi millionare you gotta LEAP on that opportunity......for, as Sam found out, it may never come your way again. No.......money aint everything, but it sure as hell helps.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:07 AM
JL

7,359 posts, read 11,999,497 times
Anyone think that Texas might actually drop to #3 after their performance? Alabama's D just stifled S. Carolina last night. That running back ran for like 250 yds. I guess it wouldn't matter since Bama will play Florida anyway, so one of those two teams will drop behind Texas assuming the Longhorns willwin the rest of their games.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:44 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,886,098 times
The first BCS poll comes out today. I think UT will be #3. Should look like this

Bama
UF
UT
USC
Cinci? Iowa? BSU? LSU? Miami? TCU?

I dunno, we'll find out in a few hours.

Tons of great games yesterday! Best week yet!

Next week has some interesting matchups as well.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:18 PM

740 posts, read 1,823,206 times
What I've learned from yesterday, texas is vulnerable, ditto for florida, alabama is good, even when they have no passing game, TCU will be a BCS buster, and can anyone stop georgia tech's option?

Old 10-18-2009, 01:36 PM

8,746 posts, read 7,798,954 times
Great games yesterday, I enjoyed the Texas win over OU and Texas Tech's win over Nebraska. Nobody I talked to thought Tech would win in Lincoln so we surprised a lot of folks. I do feel bad about Sam Bradford though. He's a great guy and I have a lot of respect for him. I sincerely hope he can recover from his re-injured shoulder ASAP.

Old 10-18-2009, 03:49 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,038,372 times
First BCS standings are out.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

Old 10-18-2009, 05:37 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,851,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Lol clicked into complete standings and seen Ball State at 22, I was like what the hell, how the heck did they get there.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:50 PM

623 posts, read 1,359,012 times
The referees completely handed Florida their win over Arky.

On UF's game-tying TD "drive" in the 4th, there was a horrendous pass interference call in the end zone on an Arkansas corner and a completely absurd personal foul on the Hogs. Half of UF yards on that drive were given to then by flags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI4v1o-ZhzI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzLLs1oeLgo

On the final drive, there was clear UF pre-snap movement on one play and obvious pass interference on Riley Cooper in the end zone where the Arky defender would have ended the game with a pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWAmTFB_StQ

Then there was this "first down" run by the Prophet:

Love how there was no mention of these BS calls on ESPN. Arkansas got straight up jobbed and unfortunately something smells.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football