U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-25-2009, 01:02 AM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,816,959 times
Reputation: 1324

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
You're smoking something.

Idaho has a solid offense, but you haven't faced a defense nearly as good as ours. You have a solid Oline, a quarterback that throws a nice long ball but also throws a few gifts per game to the D. Woolridge is a nice back but nothing special, McCarty's fast but Boise has speed to deal with that.

Just because Idaho will be jacked for this game they might score 20. But we put up over 50 on y'all, especially if Keo is gone for his little spat.
I'm a Nevada fan , (assumming you're thinking I'm an Idaho fan) , and BSU will destroy Idaho, you're right, they havn't faced a good defence. They'll struggle to put up 20 on you. They put 45 up on Nevada but we all know their secondary is the worst in the country.

Just glad they lost, they forgot that they actaully sucked for the past 8 years, they were talking like they had the authority of BSU fans. Lol they don't have Sh*t.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-25-2009, 06:10 AM
 
Location: MI
1,068 posts, read 2,859,458 times
Reputation: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Tennessee....Why!!???!!??!!

BS non-call in this game too. SEC is crap. Gotta have UF and 'Bama undefeated so one of them is guaranteed to go to the BCS MNC. **** this bull****, lets see what crap comes out of the MSU game tonight.

You know when Gary Danielson points something out against one of the SECs chosen-ones that the situation is not right.
The zebras definetly blew the call giving FL a TD on the interception where the FL player celebrated to early but it was kind of moot, Mississippi St. was getting manhandled at that point. The roughing the passer that nullified FL's Td was lame, IMO.

I saw at least 3 plays where MSU should have been penalised for hitting out of bounds and taunting but no call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2009, 10:26 AM
 
1,056 posts, read 2,327,555 times
Reputation: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
I'm a Nevada fan , (assumming you're thinking I'm an Idaho fan) , and BSU will destroy Idaho, you're right, they havn't faced a good defence. They'll struggle to put up 20 on you. They put 45 up on Nevada but we all know their secondary is the worst in the country.

Just glad they lost, they forgot that they actaully sucked for the past 8 years, they were talking like they had the authority of BSU fans. Lol they don't have Sh*t.
Nevada actually scares me this year. Crazy Legs is starting to come on, and it's hard to defend the dive with Taui or Lippencott, or the scramble with CK. I'm just glad he still can't throw worth a damn.

I'm expecting a shootout much like 07.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2009, 11:57 AM
 
1,261 posts, read 1,770,440 times
Reputation: 371
2009 NCAA College Football Polls and Rankings for Week 9 - ESPN

Here are the two polls.

Someone made a point about Iowa squeaking past certain opponents. I think that is warranted. As expected, Kansas fell, they looked too shaky this year. Miami took a tumble as well.

I still don't buy BSU nor Arizona for that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2009, 12:15 PM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,171,479 times
Reputation: 7005
t-c-u! T-c-u! T-c-u! T-c-u! T-c-u!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2009, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,816,959 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
Nevada actually scares me this year. Crazy Legs is starting to come on, and it's hard to defend the dive with Taui or Lippencott, or the scramble with CK. I'm just glad he still can't throw worth a damn.
I'm expecting a shootout much like 07.
He's improving each game with his throwing, still not a top throwing QB by any means but he's getting there. Your passing game will tear through our secondary though, they are ridiculouisly bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2009, 10:18 PM
 
Location: Boise, ID
1,356 posts, read 5,470,917 times
Reputation: 903
Default This week proved what a joke BCS is...

Unbeaten Iowa pulls it out in the final two seconds against unranked Michigan State. Alabama holds off unranked Tennessee on the last play. Iowa jumps to fourth and Alabama stays at #2. After all, great teams just know how to win (even when they barely beat unranked opponents).

Meanwhile, Boise State trounces Hawaii and Cincinnati rolls Louisville continuing undefeated seasons but moving down in the rankings. After all, when they beat unranked teams it is said that they don't play anyone tough.

BCS proponents can't have it both ways. You can't say that small conference teams don't have a tough enough schedule because they don't have enough ranked opponents while at the same time rewarding big conference teams for pulling off wins against unranked teams.

And then there is USC... They lost to unranked Washington. They shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the rankings. If TCU had lost to Washington they wouldn't be ranked in the top ten!

The BCS is just wrong in so many ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2009, 10:19 PM
 
Location: New Mexico to Texas
4,552 posts, read 13,452,346 times
Reputation: 2125
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
t-c-u! T-c-u! T-c-u! T-c-u! T-c-u!

I hoping TCU can make a good run, they are off to a very good start so far so I hope it continues, they play U of New Mexico(0-7) here in a few weeks and Im rooting for TCU so they can represent our confrence and get some recognition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2009, 10:24 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,816,959 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners fan View Post
Unbeaten Iowa pulls it out in the final two seconds against unranked Michigan State. Alabama holds off unranked Tennessee on the last play. Iowa jumps to fourth and Alabama stays at #2. After all, great teams just know how to win (even when they barely beat unranked opponents).

Meanwhile, Boise State trounces Hawaii and Cincinnati rolls Louisville continuing undefeated seasons but moving down in the rankings. After all, when they beat unranked teams it is said that they don't play anyone tough.

BCS proponents can't have it both ways. You can't say that small conference teams don't have a tough enough schedule because they don't have enough ranked opponents while at the same time rewarding big conference teams for pulling off wins against unranked teams.

And then there is USC... They lost to unranked Washington. They shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the rankings. If TCU had lost to Washington they wouldn't be ranked in the top ten!

The BCS is just wrong in so many ways.
I agree with most of what you're say, but yes Boise State did trouce Hawaii, but Hawaii are a below average team this year, while TCU went into Provo and beat a ranked (if not a little overrated) BYU team. I've got no beef of TCU rising above if thats what your're getting at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2009, 10:32 PM
 
Location: Boise, ID
1,356 posts, read 5,470,917 times
Reputation: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
I agree with most of what you're say, but yes Boise State did trouce Hawaii, but Hawaii are a below average team this year, while TCU went into Provo and beat a ranked (if not a little overrated) BYU team. I've got no beef of TCU rising above if thats what your're getting at.
My gripe is not so much with TCU as it is with Alabama and Iowa. When a small conference team struggles with an unranked opponent, they get penalized for not winning convincingly enough.

I am a BYU grad and big fan. But this BCS is such a farce that I was rooting for TCU this weekend just so that there would hopefully be three small conference teams in the BCS top 8 to cause confusion and controversy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top