Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 05:30 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlabel View Post
Not only would Florida and Alabama mop the floor with TCU or Boise St right now, they'd send Texas home cryin as well.

Urban Meyer knows what he's doing......just recruit track stars with good hands and put em on both sides of the ball.
Yep, just like 'Bama was going to mop the floor with Utah last year. You would think some people would learn.

Bro, 'Bama @ HOME just needed not one but TWO blocked FG to beat UT.

UF @ HOME needed the refs help to beat Arky!

But they'd "mop the floor with TCU" ...Riiiight.

To think that any of the top 10 teams couldn't hang with or win against those guys is laughable.

UF has pretty much looked like crap so far this season and so has Texas*. You've gotta have homer glasses on if you think otherwise.

If the Ducks play like they are capable this Saturday they'll be in the drivers seat. Besides TCU, they have looked the best the last few weeks.

JMSO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 05:57 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,681,481 times
BCS homers crack me up. Do a little research and look at the difference in athletic budgets. Then consider the television and other contractual deals that are split within conferences. Then consider the guaranteed BCS money that is divvied out amongst the 6 BCS conferences each and every year.

And yet you're insulted when teams like Boise State, Utah, and TCU show up and embarrass y'all on the grand stage.

You can't have it both ways. If you want us to play the gauntlet schedules that you allege Florida and Bama play (by the way, check out their incredible OOC schedules - some real powerhouses there) then shouldn't we be able to have access to the same sort of money y'all have access to? More money = better facilities = better marketing = better recruits.

If not, if you want to keep that division between BCS and non BCS (and the access to BCS money and television deals) then you can't expect us to play an SEC schedule.

And besides, it's not realistic anyway. We can't do anything about our conference schedule until we get an invite from elsewhere, and no one is inviting. More importantly, no one wants to schedule these teams because they have nothing to gain from them. So instead, Florida schedules Charleston Southern and Mid Southwest East Tennessee State Tech.

No one would ever suggest Boise State and TCU could make it through the Pac 10, Big 12, or SEC undefeated. But I do think Boise State and TCU would be a consistent bowl team even in those conferences.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:09 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Yep, just like 'Bama was going to mop the floor with Utah last year. You would think some people would learn.

Bro, 'Bama @ HOME just needed not one but TWO blocked FG to beat UT.

UF @ HOME needed the refs help to beat Arky!

But they'd "mop the floor with TCU" ...Riiiight.

To think that any of the top 10 teams couldn't hang with or win against those guys is laughable.

UF has pretty much looked like crap so far this season and so has Texas*. You've gotta have homer glasses on if you think otherwise.

If the Ducks play like they are capable this Saturday they'll be in the drivers seat. Besides TCU, they have looked the best the last few weeks.

JMSO.
Who is this?

I don't know what will happen if we can take down USC, but I bet we leap frog Boise State. Not to mention, if Arizona continues to win and we can beat them, that would help us out. Now, if only some teams can lose who are ahead of us.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:17 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Lol let me guess, your're someone from the East who has no idea about the WAC or MWC on top of people who breath it week in and week out.

I'll agree TCU or Boise State won't beat Florida or Alabama, but they wouldn't get smashed either like some people think.
I like TCU a lot. I think they recruit really well for such a small school and do solid things with their talent. I would root for them to knock off any of the SEC teams. However, TCU was a solid team in 2008 (losing only twice) and got smashed against OU 35-10. Now, TCU may be a bit better this year, and I do think OU was better last year than both UF and Bama is this year, but I can really see TCU getting run over if they didn't bring their A game. They would have to play a lot better then they did against their previous opponents (Air Force was ugly).

Old 10-26-2009, 06:47 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
As long as Boise State is in the WAC, and the WAC stays as is as far as strength in the current BCS system, they should NEVER get a sniff at the national title.
I agree.

Lots of people bashing Iowa.

I won't bash the until they lose.

I wonder if TCU would still be undefeated if they played the same teams Iowa has already.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:56 PM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times
LOL, this is starting to sound like the relationships forum.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:15 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,681,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I agree.

Lots of people bashing Iowa.

I won't bash the until they lose.

I wonder if TCU would still be undefeated if they played the same teams Iowa has already.
You mean Arkansas State, Iowa State, Northern Iowa, and Iowa State?

Granted they played Penn State, but I think they're a little overrated (USC proved that last year, and they're certainly no better this year). Arizona is still suspect, Michigan isn't great this year.

I think TCU is easily undefeated with Iowa's slate. But we'll never know, I guess.

People said the same thing about Boise State in 06 and Utah in 04 and 08. These teams can play with anyone given the chance.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:05 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
You mean Arkansas State, Iowa State, Northern Iowa, and Iowa State?

Granted they played Penn State, but I think they're a little overrated (USC proved that last year, and they're certainly no better this year). Arizona is still suspect, Michigan isn't great this year.

I think TCU is easily undefeated with Iowa's slate. But we'll never know, I guess.

People said the same thing about Boise State in 06 and Utah in 04 and 08. These teams can play with anyone given the chance.
Iowa's schedule thus far:

09/05/09 vs. Northern Iowa
09/12/09 at Iowa State
09/19/09 vs. Arizona
09/26/09 at Penn State *
10/03/09 vs. Arkansas State
10/10/09 vs. Michigan (HC) *
10/17/09 at Wisconsin *
10/24/09 at Michigan State *

I count two games I don't think TCU would win, Penn State and Arizona.

I count three games TCU would be in danger of losing in an "upset," Michigan, Wisconsin, and Michigan State. "Easily undefeated?" Not even close.

and Iowa's upcoming schedule:

10/31/09 vs. Indiana *
11/07/09 vs. Northwestern (FW) *
11/14/09 at Ohio State *
11/21/09 vs. Minnesota *

No way TCU goes into Columbus and beats OSU.

I think 9-3 against that schedule would be a success for TCU.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:01 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,572,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners fan View Post
Unbeaten Iowa pulls it out in the final two seconds against unranked Michigan State. Alabama holds off unranked Tennessee on the last play. Iowa jumps to fourth and Alabama stays at #2. After all, great teams just know how to win (even when they barely beat unranked opponents).

Meanwhile, Boise State trounces Hawaii and Cincinnati rolls Louisville continuing undefeated seasons but moving down in the rankings. After all, when they beat unranked teams it is said that they don't play anyone tough.

BCS proponents can't have it both ways. You can't say that small conference teams don't have a tough enough schedule because they don't have enough ranked opponents while at the same time rewarding big conference teams for pulling off wins against unranked teams.

And then there is USC... They lost to unranked Washington. They shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the rankings. If TCU had lost to Washington they wouldn't be ranked in the top ten!

The BCS is just wrong in so many ways.
I agree this is why the NFL is just so much better than college too me. It is all a big conspiracy, they make money off of big name teams that is why the little guys don't really have a shot. We all need to shout it PLAYOFF!!!!!!!!!! But then they may find another way to cheat the smaller programs.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:05 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,572,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Iowa's schedule thus far:

09/05/09 vs. Northern Iowa
09/12/09 at Iowa State
09/19/09 vs. Arizona
09/26/09 at Penn State *
10/03/09 vs. Arkansas State
10/10/09 vs. Michigan (HC) *
10/17/09 at Wisconsin *
10/24/09 at Michigan State *

I count two games I don't think TCU would win, Penn State and Arizona.

I count three games TCU would be in danger of losing in an "upset," Michigan, Wisconsin, and Michigan State. "Easily undefeated?" Not even close.

and Iowa's upcoming schedule:

10/31/09 vs. Indiana *
11/07/09 vs. Northwestern (FW) *
11/14/09 at Ohio State *
11/21/09 vs. Minnesota *

No way TCU goes into Columbus and beats OSU.

I think 9-3 against that schedule would be a success for TCU.

The Big 10 is waaaayyy over rated just like they have been for at least the last five years so I think TCU fairs well with that schedule. And lets not forget Iowa should have lost Northern Iowa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football