Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2009, 09:10 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,207,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Congrats. I didn't even notice the Owls were now bowl eligible. They have quietly had a good season. I can still remember that game years ago when they beat VaTech...what an upset.
Thank you very much. That VA Tech game was a fantastic moment for us. Unfortunately, I was pretty young then, and dont really remember it. I remember a few years later, Kevin Jones ran all over us for them, though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 09:32 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,021,956 times
the hometown team New Mexico Lobos just lost to San Diego St. and are now 0-8, what a crappy year and a crappy contriversial new coach we have. They are competing to be the worst in the country. We still have Ranked TCU,BYU and Utah to go.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:33 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,021,956 times
I picked Iowa to win the BIG TEN btw, so maybe I will be right.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:33 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,452,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I picked Iowa to win the BIG TEN btw, so maybe I will be right.
No way I say, I say they lose at Ohio State.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:12 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
the hometown team New Mexico Lobos just lost to San Diego St. and are now 0-8, what a crappy year and a crappy contriversial new coach we have. They are competing to be the worst in the country. We still have Ranked TCU,BYU and Utah to go.
Desert sun is right. UNM is not looking good at all. To go the season without a win would be an embarrassment, and sadly it looks likely.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:18 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Dirtiest player in CFB? This is worse than Blount IMSO. Edit: He is suspended for the first half of their game against Vandy

YouTube - Brandon Spikes Florida Gators eye gouge vs Georgia

Last edited by nevergoingback; 11-02-2009 at 10:52 AM..

Old 11-02-2009, 12:13 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,940,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
No way I say, I say they lose at Ohio State.
Doesn't matter if OSU loses to PSU.

That would give OSU two conference losses, and Iowa would have the head to head over PSU.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:42 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,376 times
As a USC fan I definitely have to say congrats to the Oregon Ducks, they played one hell of a game. The way they played Saturday night, I'm not sure if any team in the country could've beaten them.

So now where does this leave USC? Does a 10-2 USC team still go to a BSC bowl game? Would USC be an at large team over Notre Dame if they end up 10-2? I would certainly hope so.

If so, this brings up another scenerio. Could USC possibly play the loser of the SEC champion game? I would love to see a USC vs. Florida/Alabama in maybe the Fiesta Bowl.

Who knows how it will play out, but it is an interesting thought.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:01 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,872,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
So now where does this leave USC? Does a 10-2 USC team still go to a BSC bowl game? Would USC be an at large team over Notre Dame if they end up 10-2? I would certainly hope so.

If so, this brings up another scenerio. Could USC possibly play the loser of the SEC champion game? I would love to see a USC vs. Florida/Alabama in maybe the Fiesta Bowl.

Who knows how it will play out, but it is an interesting thought.
I think it's holiday bowl for USC this year. If Notre Dame gets over 9 wins and is over 14th in the BCS standings, they get an automatic at-large bid, right? Sort of like their version of the conference championship automatic bids.

We'll definitely see TCU and/or Boise State in an at large. I think that would leave 1 second-place conference team from the BCS conferences, which would probably go to a one-loss SEC team. Pac 10 and Big 12 runner-ups will have at least 2 losses.

USC might play Oklahoma or Oklahoma State in the Holiday Bowl.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:11 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
I think it's holiday bowl for USC this year. If Notre Dame gets over 9 wins and is over 14th in the BCS standings, they get an automatic at-large bid, right? Sort of like their version of the conference championship automatic bids.
Not if BSU or TCU is ranked higher. Only one Auto bid for a non BCS Conf. (if they are ranked higher than 14th). IIRC. The four at large BCS IMO are going to be PSU, TCU, Bama/LSU, and BSU. But then again, alot can happen and who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
USC might play Oklahoma or Oklahoma State in the Holiday Bowl.
Thats what I think as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football