U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2009, 09:52 PM

7,218 posts, read 8,232,213 times

Advertisements

I'm just glad my own team finally won a game again yesterday. I think we're playing Clemson next week and their Running Back is playing Damn good football right now and has been rumored to be a Heisman Canidate. I'm almost fearing for our already banged up Defense, sigh the Injury bug loves our team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 09:59 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,816,959 times
Make that four 100 yard rushers for Nevada.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:36 PM

7,848 posts, read 18,265,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Here's the new BCS rankings.

2009 NCAA College Football Polls and Rankings for Week 11 - ESPN

Always interesting to see a team lose and then move up like LSU did. SEC has 3 teams in the Top 10, but no one even close after that. Pac-10 and Big 10 now have 4 teams in Top 25 respectively. Wasn't there always that argument about how deep the SEC is and how they dominate the polls?
To be fair...LSU has lost (barely) to the #1 and #2 teams in the nation. It's hard to think they should have moved down for that.

PAC-10 and Big Ten both had 4 teams in last week's poll as well. The ACC also has 4 teams in it this week - up from 3 last week. The Big East now has 3 - up from 2 last week.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:01 PM

977 posts, read 1,629,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlabel View Post
Yeah but the difference is the upper tier SEC teams pound the hell out of and beat there ooc opponents handily and go on to win 5 out of the last 11 National Championships. BTW that was funny what went down in South Bend today and how about Texas.......they're real bad-ass beating up on powerhouse Central FL.
Your sarcasm contradicts yourself. Those two examples are EXACTLY the same situation. Basically you're saying the SEC proves they're badass by beating Furman, Northern AZ, etc handily, but Texas is pathetic for beating UCF handily? Amazing, the thought process you homers have. At least UCF isn't 1-AA. Actually your comment proves the third of my points in the message you quoted.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:16 AM

10,543 posts, read 12,008,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I'm just glad my own team finally won a game again yesterday. I think we're playing Clemson next week and their Running Back is playing Damn good football right now and has been rumored to be a Heisman Canidate. I'm almost fearing for our already banged up Defense, sigh the Injury bug loves our team.
I'm on the opposite side of this one as a Clemson fan. I worry about NCSU being a spoiler for us.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:49 PM

2,011 posts, read 2,011,202 times
After the way USC played against ASU. I think they were overrated this year. They are not even close to what I am used to seeing in USC.

There defense doesn't look as fast as previous years, and Taylor Mays needs to step up and stop receivers from catching the ball. He's big, strong, fast, and hits people hard, but what good is it when the recivers makes a 25 yard catch before Mays gets to him.

USC was two plays from losing last week, and if they play the same way this week, they will lose to Stanford too.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:38 PM

15,400 posts, read 19,563,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
So I was thinking instead of doing a week by week thread like last year we could just have a single thread on what's going in College ball world, that way if some one wants to reference something that happened in September and it's now November, we don't have to re-drag old threads.

So some of you may know I am a NCSU fan, I'm really excited to see how our QB, Russell Wilson will fare this year, and whether or not he decides to stay or enter the MLB draft. Some bad news regarding us is Nate Irving, Linebacker, will miss this season.

My hope is to win the ACC this season, as well as beating our "in state friends".

I also somewhat like the Texas Longhorns being that I once visited Austin and it reminded me of Raleigh, where NC State is, and I got to see their Stadium and bought a Longhorn hat. The Wolfpack however, always come first.
I just gotta say: BOY WAS/IS PENN STATE OVER RATED!!!!! (Silently Eating Crow). .

Old 11-09-2009, 02:35 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,017,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
To be fair...LSU has lost (barely) to the #1 and #2 teams in the nation. It's hard to think they should have moved down for that.

PAC-10 and Big Ten both had 4 teams in last week's poll as well. The ACC also has 4 teams in it this week - up from 3 last week. The Big East now has 3 - up from 2 last week.
True, but they certainly shouldn't have moved up for it either. They have played tough games against Washington and Mississippi State, two teams that are not good. Now, IMO, it shows exactly what LSU truly is, an overrated team with a mediocre QB. I mean, MSU scored 26 points, 26 points! I realize it is possible that MSU's offense is improving...or it could be the SEC's defenses are getting worse. Prior to this year, I don't think MSU has scored 26 points in 6 years.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:08 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,017,104 times
Read an interesting post on a Duck bloq. Apparently a ton of teams will be unveiling new uniform combos in the next few weeks. You know us Duck fans, we are always talking about unis. Those of you who are fans of the teams and like the unis, you can thank our Uncle. If you don't like em' oh well.

Oh, Buckeyes, vocal traditionalists, you've been Oregonized...

The Official 2009 College Football Thread-osuuni.jpg

Virginia Tech Hokies Unveil Nike Pro Combat Uniforms for the Maryland*Game - Gobbler Country

Headlinin': Florida State joins the alternate uni lifestyle - Dr. Saturday - NCAAF - Yahoo! Sports

TCU football will unveil new Nike Pro Combat uniforms vs. Utah

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/shared-blo..._uniform_1.jpg

These 10 teams will have uniforms that have Nike technology:

Miami
Florida
Oklahoma- "Say it ain't so, Never?"-
Texas (leaked photos are around)
Missouri
TCU (official photos released)
LSU
Virginia Tech (official photos released)
Ohio State (leaked photos are around)
Florida State (official photos released)

P.S. Oh, and LeGarrette Blount "Force Trauma" has been reinstated!

Gee, it feels good to have yet another 1,000 yard running back this year

Old 11-09-2009, 06:44 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Oklahoma- "Say it ain't so, Never?"-
You know OU will always incorporate C&C with their unis and not invent a million different new team colors.

I heard rumors of us wearing a throwback uni this year. I can't really believe it though. It would be strange seeing those all white helmets, esp with this team. Arghh! You have a linky???

I'll take some Nike technology though!!! We need all the help we can get.

I know UT is wearing throwbacks against aTm this year to honor DKR. Hopefully its bad luck for them. LOL.

aTm has had their # recently and wrecked more of their seasons than OU has lately.

Edit; heres what OUr helmets will look like. I was right, old school.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 11-09-2009 at 07:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football