U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2009, 07:13 AM

9,807 posts, read 13,489,261 times

Advertisements

Seems as though there is very little controversy this year about the national champ.

The winner of Fla/AL playing Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 11:47 AM

629 posts, read 3,306,539 times
Roll Tide !!!!

Old 11-11-2009, 12:12 PM
JJG

13,249 posts, read 19,220,195 times
ESPN Gameday's commin to Ft. Worth for the TCU/Utah game. Very excited!

It will be a rare time for both TCU and the city of Fort Worth to shine. I really wish I was there.

Just about the only thing I DON'T like abou this is that the Frogs will be introducing this P.O.S. to the world.

Nike Pro Combat Uniforms - Nike Football

Damn you, Nike! A great uniform ruined.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:28 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,860,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Just about the only thing I DON'T like abou this is that the Frogs will be introducing this P.O.S. to the world.

Yeah the wings on the shoulders suck.

Those helmets are freaking badass though!!

Don't worry, its only for one game.

OU is wearing theirs against TT.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:31 PM
JJG

13,249 posts, read 19,220,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Yeah the wings on the shoulders suck.

Those helmets are freaking badass though!!

Don't worry, its only for one game.

OU is wearing theirs against TT.
The helmet would be ok, but I don't like the red stripes. Red with purple and black?

If they want to do this, fine. But can't they at least keep the same design they have now?

Old 11-11-2009, 01:37 PM

4,137 posts, read 7,206,590 times
I think the TCU Uniforms are cool. If I had done them I probably would have made the pants black instead of grey. I really cant say rather I like them until I see the players sport the new gear.

TCU has the best Mascot in College Football and its also native to the region.
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/learning/texas_nature_trackers/horned_lizard/images/03b_lrg_horned_lizard_full.jpg (broken link)

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/learning/texas_nature_trackers/horned_lizard/images/03b_lrg_horned_lizard_full.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-11-2009, 02:34 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,860,424 times
Quote:
The helmet would be ok, but I don't like the red stripes. Red with purple and black?

If they want to do this, fine. But can't they at least keep the same design they have now?
Yeah "blood stripes" on a football helmet is a little over the top.

Like I said though its only for this one game.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:43 PM

7,848 posts, read 18,298,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Seems as though there is very little controversy this year about the national champ.

The winner of Fla/AL playing Texas.
I don't know about that...a lot could happen in the next couple of weeks. Florida still has to play two dangerous teams in South Carolina and FSU - and either of those teams are capable of an upset. Alabama still has Auburn, and huge rivalry games are always an upset possibility. Texas plays a good Kansas team, and it's rivalry game at Texas A&M - and still has the Big 12 championship game.

It looks likely that Texas will play the winner of SEC championship game, but it definitely isn't set in stone.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:21 PM

7,184 posts, read 16,294,839 times
Quote:

For a team without a "classic style" uni, I don't think the Nike TCU uni is too bad. The red stripes are "blood stripes", based on the fact that the Horned Frog can shoot blood out of it's eyes as a defense mechanism.. really... also the TCU Nike uni has a lizard-scale print on the pants and gloves. I find it kind of cool.

Now, I'm a fan of the classic uniform along the lines of Texas, Alabama, Penn State, etc... Texas also will play in one of the "combat" Nike uniforms, but it is very similar to the current Texas road uniform... so not too bad. OU will play in a Nike one with a white helmet, which looks kinda strange to me for OU.

In general, I think the Nike Combat unis are meant to appeal to younger folks.. like the players & potential recruits.. and I think they go for that stuff. Oregon has been doing that for years; I wouldn't be surprised if those unis have swayed a few recruits recently... as ridiculous as that seems...

Old 11-11-2009, 06:39 PM

7,184 posts, read 16,294,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
I don't know about that...a lot could happen in the next couple of weeks. Florida still has to play two dangerous teams in South Carolina and FSU - and either of those teams are capable of an upset. Alabama still has Auburn, and huge rivalry games are always an upset possibility. Texas plays a good Kansas team, and it's rivalry game at Texas A&M - and still has the Big 12 championship game.
As a Texas fan, this year's A&M rivalry game worries me the most now. Texas is the better team by far IMO, but we have had our offensive struggles in the first half (more so early on)... and A&M has been so down in the past years, their little sparks of life in this season will give them confidence. In a rivalry game, anything can happen. I hope we're prepared mentally for what could end up being a much tougher game than it looks like on paper.

I'm much less worried about the Big 12 CCG, should we get in. Neutral field being in Dallas this year, plus the opportunity to earn one of the rare Big 12 championships for Mack Brown will be plenty of motivation for the kids. If we get there, we will roll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football