U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-13-2009, 12:54 PM
 
Location: Abilene, Texas
8,746 posts, read 7,780,024 times
Reputation: 55865

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Texas has struggled in a couple of games this year...Florida and Alabama have both struggled to squeak out wins in several recent games. I'm feeling like at least one of them will be upset before it's over, and there will be all kinds of controversy about the undefeated teams versus the 1-loss teams.
I agree, I don't see all three of these teams finishing the season without an upset. I just hope it isn't UT, that A&M game is the last game on their schedule and I know the Aggies would enjoy nothing more than to deny them a shot at the national championship!
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-13-2009, 05:19 PM
 
7,848 posts, read 18,361,625 times
Reputation: 2793
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
I agree, I don't see all three of these teams finishing the season without an upset. I just hope it isn't UT, that A&M game is the last game on their schedule and I know the Aggies would enjoy nothing more than to deny them a shot at the national championship!
A&M will be playing twice as hard as they have in any other game this year.

Georgia Tech, with a BCS bowl bid on the line, has to play Georgia in it's final regular-season game. In an interview with a UGA fans, they said that as long as UGA beats Tech, it's been a successful season...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 09:45 PM
 
Location: Florida
1,779 posts, read 3,506,625 times
Reputation: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Exactly...in big rivalry games...like this one, Alabama-Auburn, or Florida-Florida State...you can just about ignore the current team W-L records and any usual expectations. Anything can happen.
Aggie has maybe a 25% chance of upsetting UT, that is unlikely but possible given the absolute hatred as motivation, salvaging the season and location of the game. Texas has been impressive so far, but against substandard competition. I also think there's a chance of UT getting upset in the Big 12 CCG if Nebraska goes....Nebraska has a dominating D, something Texas has hardly faced this year. If KState goes Texas will win easily.

Auburn is a miniscule chance but possible against Bama. They do have a pretty good offense and if the bama D stumbles, I don't think the Bama O can win a game for them.

FSU...ha. All FSU is this year is gator bait. The game is in the Swamp, FSU has a defense ranked around North Texas and Rice and the only positive of the season for FSU (ponder) is out for the season.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 10:13 PM
 
7,848 posts, read 18,361,625 times
Reputation: 2793
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Aggie has maybe a 25% chance of upsetting UT, that is unlikely but possible given the absolute hatred as motivation, salvaging the season and location of the game. Texas has been impressive so far, but against substandard competition. I also think there's a chance of UT getting upset in the Big 12 CCG if Nebraska goes....Nebraska has a dominating D, something Texas has hardly faced this year. If KState goes Texas will win easily.

Auburn is a miniscule chance but possible against Bama. They do have a pretty good offense and if the bama D stumbles, I don't think the Bama O can win a game for them.

FSU...ha. All FSU is this year is gator bait. The game is in the Swamp, FSU has a defense ranked around North Texas and Rice and the only positive of the season for FSU (ponder) is out for the season.
FSU has been impressive at times and has the talent to win against Florida. Florida has not been impressive in wins against Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi State, and Vanderbilt. Do you really think that they would automatically bowl over a big rival like FSU? I don't.

I think Florida will probably win the game, but there is a good chance they could lose. It depends on which teams show up. If the FSU team that dropped 54 on BYU and the Florida team that beat Arkansas by 3 show up, it will definitely be an upset.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2009, 01:58 AM
 
2,783 posts, read 6,435,128 times
Reputation: 863
Temple beats Akron 56-17 last night on ESPNU. We're now 8-2 overall and 6-0 in the MAC. Our freshman RB is now the #2 rusher in the entire NCAA, and has a chance to break Adrian Peterson's NCAA freshman rushing record.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2009, 08:39 AM
 
Location: MI
1,068 posts, read 2,873,980 times
Reputation: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
FSU has been impressive at times and has the talent to win against Florida. Florida has not been impressive in wins against Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi State, and Vanderbilt. Do you really think that they would automatically bowl over a big rival like FSU? I don't.

I think Florida will probably win the game, but there is a good chance they could lose. It depends on which teams show up. If the FSU team that dropped 54 on BYU and the Florida team that beat Arkansas by 3 show up, it will definitely be an upset.
Or even the FSU team that got into a shootout with the Canes earlier this year.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2009, 08:47 AM
 
16,563 posts, read 21,122,262 times
Reputation: 48087
One of the better matchups today will be Utah versus TCU. Too close to call for me!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2009, 11:13 AM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,258 posts, read 19,317,345 times
Reputation: 7024
ESPN Gameday made me proud of my city this morning. Great turnout. The only thing I hated about it is that I couldn't be there.


Go FROGS! Don't back down!!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2009, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Waco, TX
977 posts, read 1,640,587 times
Reputation: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
I also think there's a chance of UT getting upset in the Big 12 CCG if Nebraska goes....Nebraska has a dominating D, something Texas has hardly faced this year.
I hope you're right, but in addition to the nation's most brutal defense, Nebraska also has the nation's most impotent offense. They will have to figure out how to fix that if they want to upset Texas. 10 points might be enough for Texas to win that game.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2009, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,842,256 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
One of the better matchups today will be Utah versus TCU. Too close to call for me!
You really think it'll be close? I say TCU smacks down Utah like they did to BYU.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top