Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2009, 09:07 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,440,805 times

Advertisements

I'm not making fun of the guy for getting hurt, but the reactions were and are nothing short of hilarious.

Did you see the training staff break the sound barrier running onto the field when Tebow didn't get up? They looked like a pack of hyenas trying to get at a sick antelope! I have NEVER seen a staff run onto the field like that for anyone before.

How about Tebow's parents running down the stands? I'm sure they were worried about their kid, but I'm also sure they looked up and saw millions of dollars flying out of the stadium as well. "There goes the retirement beach house in Destin, honey".

The Gator fans......all looking like they'd just lost their homes or something.

And of course the media......you'd think the President had been shot. Absolutely ridiculous.

Gotta go now, I need to see if Tim vomited again within the past 20 minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 09:09 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,646 times
Stay Classy.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:18 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,120,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
I'm not making fun of the guy for getting hurt, but the reactions were and are nothing short of hilarious.

Did you see the training staff break the sound barrier running onto the field when Tebow didn't get up? They looked like a pack of hyenas trying to get at a sick antelope! I have NEVER seen a staff run onto the field like that for anyone before.

How about Tebow's parents running down the stands? I'm sure they were worried about their kid, but I'm also sure they looked up and saw millions of dollars flying out of the stadium as well. "There goes the retirement beach house in Destin, honey".

The Gator fans......all looking like they'd just lost their homes or something.

And of course the media......you'd think the President had been shot. Absolutely ridiculous.

Gotta go now, I need to see if Tim vomited again within the past 20 minutes.
I couldnt agree more. F the gators.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:13 AM

629 posts, read 3,597,955 times
Roll Tide Roll !!!!

Old 09-27-2009, 11:04 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,022,524 times
Well here is the poll

USATODAY.com

Meh, still seems kinda kooky to me. Like Boise State, a good program, but honestly, Number 5? I don't know why Ole Miss is still ranked and South Carolina isn't. They took care of Old Miss and almost beat Georgia. The smattering of Cal by Oregon I think makes them more deserving of a higher slot.

Pretty kooky.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:21 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,022,524 times
For comparison here is AP and Coaches side by side

2009 NCAA College Football Polls and Rankings for Week 5 - ESPN

Old 09-27-2009, 11:25 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,059 times
The Coaches Poll is always littered with bias. The AP is far more credible. The Ducks need to keep winning and get to the Rose Bowl.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:09 PM

They're both littered with bias, don't get me started on them Bowden boys. The AP is worthless though as far the BCS goes.

OU controls about 95% of their own destiny. Which is good.

You would have thought losing to an unranked team would have tanked USC, apparently not. They are ND like love in the polls. Gosh I hope they lose again.

And what the heck happened to Miami? They get beat on the road by a ranked opponent and fall 9 or 10 spots? WTF?

Old 09-27-2009, 12:31 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,059 times
I think it was the manner in which Miami lost. They were blown out. With FSU losing now twice and GT looking shabby, Miami's victories look less impressive IMO. That OU/Miami should be interesting though. I'm taking OU to win by 2 tds.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
I think it was the manner in which Miami lost. They were blown out. With FSU losing now twice and GT looking shabby, Miami's victories look less impressive IMO. That OU/Miami should be interesting though. I'm taking OU to win by 2 tds.
Yeah I'm thinking our D should be able to do the same thing as Va Tech, J Harris looked lke crap with all of that pressure. It looks like it will be the "game of the week". Although I'm kind of interested to see if IU can beat tOSU that would be great.

I'm a homer, but I think if we have SB back, we blow them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football