Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2009, 08:06 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Texas played awfully, just awfully ... there's absolutely no doubting it from the eyes of this Longhorn. Colt's performance was unbelievably below par and we sat at home, shocked. Their defense however was superb, as was Nebraska's. Nebraska played an awesome game and they damn near kicked our ass. Man, the Huskers taught us a thing or two last night. Nebraska was not robbed, however ... they lost the game in part because they made some critical mistakes that allowed Texas to get in position for the win. Teams that make mistakes usually show themselves to be the lesser team, and both teams had crappy offense last night ... Texas's offense was simply slightly less sucky. I have nothing but praise for the Huskers and they should be proud of their performance last night. They wore us out and almost left as the champions.

At the end of the day, mistakes were made by both teams and nothing short of divine intervention gave us that last second 47-yard field goal. All the whining about bad calls, refs cheating, etc. sounds like nothing more than pissed off fans who didn't get the result that they wanted. I know it's easy to judge a team by it's final performance, but go back and review Texas's stats for the year and look at some of the great teams they played. They were a powerful team that remained undefeated throughout the season and although last night's performance is one to be mocked for certain, they earned their right to go to Pasadena. If they get beat by Alabama, they get beat. Let the game be decided on the field on January 7th, and not online five weeks prior by a bunch of keyboard quarterbacks.
Texas is still a great team. The difference between last night's game and the rest of the Texas season, their offensive line played like ****.

Nebraska's defensive front four has been noticably better with each game this season, I really would have thought Texas would have prepared better for that.

I do like Texas's chances againt Alabama. Texas should be able to absolutely shut down Ingram and hopefully put Mcelroy (sp?) on his ass a few times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 08:07 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,929 times
Quote:
Texas's stats for the year and look at some of the great teams they played.
Great teams??? You're joking right? They played a couple of halfway decent teams I guess. Nothing more.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
I do like Texas's chances againt Alabama. Texas should be able to absolutely shut down Ingram and hopefully put Mcelroy (sp?) on his ass a few times.
Jones will open it up for Ingram.

I'm a believer in Rolando McClain.

I think, barring suspensions and injuries, 'Bama wins by 17.

I honestly don't see it being a game.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:13 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Great teams??? You're joking right? They played a couple of halfway decent teams I guess. Nothing more.

Hmmm ... nice use of stats and facts to back up your hollow opinion there.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:13 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
My scores were way off. Who would have thought the the no-defense-playing-Big XII would be the defensive battle of the night and the high-power-defense-SEC would have so many points scored. Obviously not me. That was the first time I have seen Texas or Nebraska play this year. Texas sucks and Pelini (sp?) seems to have brought back the Black Shirt mentality to the Huskers.

It was nice to see a Big XII North team actually look like a real football team. That is usually a really weak division.
No defense-playing-Big XII? I have watched Nebraska playing some tough D for the duration of this season. Too bad their offense can't get it together.

I thought NE had the game won last night, and I can only imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the NE fans when TX hit that field goal. I don't care much for Pelini, but he has been getting the job done as of late.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:35 AM

323 posts, read 835,226 times
Congrats Cincy! Beautiful win!!!

Old 12-06-2009, 09:50 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
No defense-playing-Big XII? I have watched Nebraska playing some tough D for the duration of this season. Too bad their offense can't get it together.

I thought NE had the game won last night, and I can only imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the NE fans when TX hit that field goal. I don't care much for Pelini, but he has been getting the job done as of late.
if only the pass stays in bound....But lets face it, Neb lost the game on the kick off. I knew it was over when I saw the ball land. I didnt think it would be that close though.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:30 AM

1,466 posts, read 4,359,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post

yes, and i also said that the game was the first time for me to see nebraska all year. you have to admit that the big xii is notorious for weak defense. it looks like pelini is showing what a good defense can do for a team in the big xii.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Hmmm ... nice use of stats and facts to back up your hollow opinion there.
Only an idjit would need stats and facts. Just look at UT's schedule. I thought I was just stating the obvious that they haven't played any great teams this year, most people would realize that without further explanation.

They beat a 7-5 OU team by three. And a mediocre NU team by one point. These two teams have a combined 16-8 reg season record with losses against BYU, Texas Tech, IOWA STATE, Miami and VT. Hardly great.

You want to call OU and NU great teams this year, go for it, but the whole "facts and stats" will tell a different story

Why don't you name the great teams they have played this year?

You can't because they haven't.

FWIW I am not slamming UT for their schedule, they ran the table. Nothing more to do. I am just saying that they haven't played any great teams like you had asserted.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:28 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,473,841 times
Wooh that was close! Two teams I hate almost got a spot in the BCS Championship (TCU or Cincinnati)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football