Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2009, 08:01 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Oklahoma fans should be mortgaging their trailers right about now.
Leave it up to a Texan to throw out a disparaging remark, which has ZERO basis on facts whatsoever, about an entire state. Stay classy Texas.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 12-08-2009 at 05:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 08:02 PM

623 posts, read 1,542,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
Notre Dame chose not to go to a bowl, right decision.
Totally disagree. The practice time alone for the new coach would have been gold.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolDude View Post
Totally disagree. The practice time alone for the new coach would have been gold.
I disagree. The new coach would be better off recruiting then practicing with players that aren't going to be there next year and have no reason to exert themselves anyway.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:11 PM

623 posts, read 1,542,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
The new coach would be better off recruiting then practicing with players that aren't going to be there next year and have no reason to exert themselves anyway.
Most if not all of the practice time falls during the recruiting dead period.

I'm quite certain a vast majority of Notre Dame's approximately 85 scholarship players are not seniors and will returned to play under the new coach.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolDude View Post
Most if not all of the practice time falls during the recruiting dead period.

I'm quite certain a vast majority of Notre Dame's approximately 85 scholarship players are not seniors and will returned to play under the new coach.
Dec 1-19 are contact periods for recruiting, not dead periods.

They lose almost their entire starting offense this year.

They don't even have new coach anyway so I guess he's not doing much of anything for them yet.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:26 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,574,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
Even though I would have liked to see TCU in one of the other big bowls I'm looking forward to the Fiesta Bowl. TCU vs. Boise State should be a very good game! I'm also looking foward to the Cotton Bowl with Ole Miss vs Ok State. I think that one should be a very interesting matchup. I'm also looking forward to the Alamo Bowl since I'm a Texas Tech alumnus and big Red Raiders fan. Finally, even though there's a lot of controversy, I'm looking forward to the BCS national championship game. I'll be rooting for UT but I think they'll have to play the best game they've played all year to have a chance to beat Alabama.
This is a good bowl matchup as I think they are of the same caliber.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:19 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Quote:
Vegas thinks the biggest mismatch is Florida-Cincy, with Florida the 10.5 point favorites. Kinda funny considering Cincy ranked #3 over Florida in the final BCS.
Oklahoma fans should be mortgaging their trailers right about now.
Maybe if the Texan's mortgage their cardboard snake skin lined live in boxes?

Old 12-08-2009, 12:21 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,023,149 times
Quote:
Vegas thinks the biggest mismatch is Florida-Cincy, with Florida the 10.5 point favorites. Kinda funny considering Cincy ranked #3 over Florida in the final BCS.

Another interesting bowl mismatch appears to be Texas Tech vs. Michigan State.

High scoring games? Vegas expects Texas A&M v. Georgia to be a 63-65 point affair.

BCS Championship: Bama a 4 point fav over the Longhorns. Wasn't that the same amount Florida was favored over Alabama in the SEC championship? Anyway, I guess a bet on Bama is money in the bank, right? Only need to cover 4 points? Oklahoma fans should be mortgaging their trailers right about now.
I agree about Bama and Cincy. I LOVE Cincy but honestly they haven't faced such talent all year. Then again there was that Bama-Utah fiasco.....

Old 12-08-2009, 12:26 AM

629 posts, read 3,598,555 times
Roll Tide!!

Bama will crush Texas!

Old 12-08-2009, 09:24 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Historic Bessemer View Post
Roll Tide!!

Bama will crush Texas!
Let's hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bama looks much, much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football