Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2010, 10:13 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,575,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolcustomer View Post

How about Northwestern with the zebras doing everything they can to give them the game losing to Auburn. Bad day for the SEC haters, except for LSU
Those weren't bad calls.

I'm not a SEC hater, just don't like many SEC teams, and I also dislike the whole "SEC is superior" fan in general. I mean really, who roots for an entire conference?

I wouldn't be beating the SEC drum that loud, NW took them to OT. yeah NW.

UT got beat down, UGA looked like crap against a horrible aTm team, and LoSUr lost to a Big10 team that supposedly plays in slow motion, right? LOL.

Hope you don't get embarrassed by CUSA today. LOL.

I picked both Ole Miss and Arky today but really couldn't care less if they lose.

SEC!! SEC!! SEC!!

Last edited by nevergoingback; 01-02-2010 at 10:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
With certain exceptions, Nobody knows butkis until teams square off.

As for the Big East, well what can you do. If you do not win a national title or even get close to it, no one will give the teams any time.

Let alone the fact that only certain teams can reasonably and realistically be in the running for such a title every year. Nor the fact that even the football factories needed time to buildup to such success.

Florida was a given, one of the best classes the school ever had. Cincy was overrated there is no getting around that. If they had Brian Kelley with them, they MAY have at least made it a game.

Could any school make a run? Pitt did it before (in it's indie days) L'Ville went as high as six (Charlie Strong should do wonders for the program).

Only problem I have is with people saying that Cincy, Pitt and WVU are BAD teams. Hardly so. Cincy just went up against PHENOMENAL competition, if Butch Jones continues to recruit well and maintains the love of the City, Cincy will come back.

Even with parity though, it unfortunetly won't be like the NFL where any team has a chance.
UF might be the 2nd best team in the country.

Cinci has nothing to be ashamed of. They had a great season.

Old 01-02-2010, 12:31 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,776,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolcustomer View Post
TCU and Boise St. should be watching Cincy getting schooled and breathe a sigh of relief they don't have to face a real team. LMAO at Cincy ranked #4, what a joke.
.... and so it continues.

Old 01-02-2010, 12:36 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,140,236 times
I kinda expected posters in a football forum to know that "butkis" was a football player, not bupkis...

SEC is strong, no doubt...

I heard some commentator (I wish I remembered which one) talking about how the Pac-10 was probably the 2nd strongest conference in the nation after the SEC...the Pac-10 isn't showing so well this bowl season...

Old 01-02-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
but I do feel we will be able to exploit their vastly overrated defense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Their defense is not overrated. It's kind of good.

They hold you under 24.

IMSO of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Much like they held Navy and Purdue under 24? I think we top that with little problem. Heck, SC scored what 18 (and that is the best they played all season)?
Just reminding you that they held you to 17. LOL. Sorry bro, couldn't resist.

Don't worry, you guys have some of your best seasons to come.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:39 PM

977 posts, read 1,945,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
I heard some commentator (I wish I remembered which one) talking about how the Pac-10 was probably the 2nd strongest conference in the nation after the SEC...the Pac-10 isn't showing so well this bowl season...
Odd the way it works sometimes. PAC 10 was easily the weakest BCS conference during the regular season last year, but then went 5-0 in bowl games. This year, they were probably the best conference during the regular season, and are playing like crap in the bowl games.

It's more about the actual matchups.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:09 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,239,602 times
It was YOU Buckeye, I know it was YOU Buckeye, you broke my heart Buckeye.

-from all of us in Eugene Oregon.

well....at least we still have legal medical marijuana

Old 01-02-2010, 06:56 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,348,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Those weren't bad calls.

I'm not a SEC hater, just don't like many SEC teams, and I also dislike the whole "SEC is superior" fan in general. I mean really, who roots for an entire conference?

I wouldn't be beating the SEC drum that loud, NW took them to OT. yeah NW.

UT got beat down, UGA looked like crap against a horrible aTm team, and LoSUr lost to a Big10 team that supposedly plays in slow motion, right? LOL.

Hope you don't get embarrassed by CUSA today. LOL.

I picked both Ole Miss and Arky today but really couldn't care less if they lose.

SEC!! SEC!! SEC!!
Ole Miss got too many "gifts" from the refs today. They couldn't have lost if they tried!

Old 01-02-2010, 07:59 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,140,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Ole Miss got too many "gifts" from the refs today. They couldn't have lost if they tried!
...and even without the "gifts", they still should have won by far more than they did...

Old 01-02-2010, 08:41 PM

OSU turned the ball over on ALL 6 of their 4th quarter possessions. The refs didn't have much to do with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football