U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 09:19 PM

23,680 posts, read 33,572,993 times

Advertisements

On one hand I sympathize with Blount. He just lost a very emotional game and he did get taunted which was poor sportsmanship from the Boise State player. I kinda do think a season-long suspension is kinda severe for throwing one punch.

However, I do understand that you cant do what Blount did with a large national audience watching. That did embarrass their school and the school needed to take quick action and send a message that this wont be tolerated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 10:00 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,865,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
On one hand I sympathize with Blount. He just lost a very emotional game and he did get taunted which was poor sportsmanship from the Boise State player. I kinda do think a season-long suspension is kinda severe for throwing one punch.

However, I do understand that you cant do what Blount did with a large national audience watching. That did embarrass their school and the school needed to take quick action and send a message that this wont be tolerated.
It was alot more than just one punch, the punch wasn't even really the worst thing. I think if he stops there, the suspension is not season long.

It was more of a "body of work" thing. LOL

Old 09-05-2009, 01:42 AM

2,653 posts, read 4,735,875 times
Hope Blount thinks that punch was worth it. He just cost himself his college career possibly his chance at an NFL draft and Millions of dollars. All to show he is a trash talker who can dish it out but can't take it or back it up, cause at the end of the day he was what, -5 yards rushing on the day?

Dumba$$

Old 09-05-2009, 02:53 AM

14,095 posts, read 23,753,560 times
Can you imagine how many pro football players would have been suspended for taunting? Hell, Shannon Sharp would never have played a complete game. Some of the NFL's greats used taunting to drive a lineman offsides or false start. "Talking Smack" has always been part of the game. At the time the player for Boise made his move his coach was right there pulling him back to correct his behavior. It was at that point that his attention was on his coach that Blunt (my spelling for his name) decided to throw the sucker punch. That punch alone wasn't the sole reason for his season long suspension. It was his behavior AFTER the punch that made the whole incident over the line and he better kiss somebody's behind for even still having a scholarship and a chance to study at the university and practice with the team at all. While in school uniform, on school property, at a school sanctioned event he physically attacked the player of another team, physically attacked players of his own team, attempted to attack fans, and he's very lucky he wasn't arrested on the spot and charged with assault, assaulting a police officer, and resisting arrest.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:55 AM

by the way Mr Blunt, why don't you take some time off to visit Pac Man Jones and ask him how's his football career with his attitude which seems to be similiar to yours.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:27 AM

2,905 posts, read 5,299,901 times
To chime in,

I disagree with the full-year suspension. It was not unprovoked. In fact it was a bone head and cowardly move on the part of the BSU player. This was not a reprise of Kermit Washington v. Rudy T, but a reaction that was almost instantaneous.

Suspend the guy for three games. Require anger management classes. And permit redemption.

Also, suspend Hout for one game. He needs the lesson as well.

A real turn off to see two kids at tax-payer supported schools acting like idiots.
S.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:40 AM

Blount's got some punch. With one punch he knocked out a football player and his football career.
Sandpointian, I'd agree if it was only about that one punch. It was more than one punch. It was the sucker punch, the punching of his own teammates, his attempt to attack fans, and his fighting against his coach and police officers who were trying to get him under control. I'd agree with your opinion if he had only threw one sucker punch and walked away. This was way beyond that.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:02 AM

1,261 posts, read 1,775,303 times
This has a thread? Dude got what's coming to him. Made the Ducks look bad.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:08 AM

2,818 posts, read 5,830,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Blount's got some punch. With one punch he knocked out a football player and his football career.
Sandpointian, I'd agree if it was only about that one punch. It was more than one punch. It was the sucker punch, the punching of his own teammates, his attempt to attack fans, and his fighting against his coach and police officers who were trying to get him under control. I'd agree with your opinion if he had only threw one sucker punch and walked away. This was way beyond that.
Knocked him out? What were you watching?

Old 09-05-2009, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Knocked him out? What were you watching?
I know he wasn't knocked out. It was a joke, an exageration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football