U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 10:12 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,856,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
I guess thats my SEC bias showing,
Now it's on your permanent record.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:26 PM

352 posts, read 475,410 times

Could probably make it more polished with time(really hard when most flv videos are such low quality)...but Just to get something out quick

I totally loved it when he wiped that smile(literally) off of ole dudes face

If he has no future in the National Felons League or No fun League(pick whatever you wanna call it) then Im sure he could find a career in MMA LOL

Old 09-04-2009, 12:38 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,119,175 times
If I were the President of Oregon State University, Mr. Blount would be looking for another school to attend after Labor Day.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:56 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,673,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
If I were the President of Oregon State University, Mr. Blount would be looking for another school to attend after Labor Day.

While players who have DUI's and drug arrests continue to play. A bit hypocritical don't you think?

Old 09-04-2009, 02:24 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,119,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
While players who have DUI's and drug arrests continue to play. A bit hypocritical don't you think?
Have you read my opinion regarding players who have been arrested for drugs or DUI on C-D or anywhere else for that matter?

But be that as it may, there are degrees of egregious behavior, there are degrees of such behavior as they reflect on a school or organization. For example, if you were to punch someone in your home, would I argue that your employer should fire you, no I don't think so. If you punched someone while on the job, should you be subject to dismissal, without a doubt.

Blount's blind sided hit on the opposing player was egregious but might have been excused to some degree due to the provocation and the heat of the moment, but the inability of Blount to control his temper even when being restrained by his fellow players, coaches and the police was beyond the point of any possible excuse. His actions, on national television brought disrepute upon his team and the institution for which he played. To me that justifies fully my opinion that he should receive the harshest penalties the school could mete out.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:38 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,673,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Have you read my opinion regarding players who have been arrested for drugs or DUI on C-D or anywhere else for that matter?

But be that as it may, there are degrees of egregious behavior, there are degrees of such behavior as they reflect on a school or organization. For example, if you were to punch someone in your home, would I argue that your employer should fire you, no I don't think so. If you punched someone while on the job, should you be subject to dismissal, without a doubt.

Blount's blind sided hit on the opposing player was egregious but might have been excused to some degree due to the provocation and the heat of the moment, but the inability of Blount to control his temper even when being restrained by his fellow players, coaches and the police was beyond the point of any possible excuse. His actions, on national television brought disrepute upon his team and the institution for which he played. To me that justifies fully my opinion that he should receive the harshest penalties the school could mete out.

You can say that we should have read your views on the subject, but thats just it, those are YOUR VIEWS. Those are not the standards in currently in place for college football. For them to kick him off the team when I know for a fact there will be players who have been arrested for DUI will be playing this season is hypocritical.

Last edited by Packersnut21; 09-04-2009 at 02:46 PM..

Old 09-04-2009, 03:36 PM

16,531 posts, read 20,991,509 times
I have been watching ESPN and they have just announced that the University of Oregon has suspended LeGarrette Blount for the remainder of the season.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:37 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,210,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
The weak thing is that Blount threw the punch as the coach was getting the attention of the Boise player. Note that the guy was already turning to the coach (who was yelling) when punch was thrown. Chknsht ghetto action.
yep and then he turned tail and ran. It's funny to see a smaller guy sucker punch a much bigger guy, and then not have the balls to stick around.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Whats funny is the fans who are talking all kinds of smack to him til he looks like he is going to jump in the stands. The look of shock and terror on their faces is priceless. Everyone is all hard when theres 10 security guys in front of them. I would have loved to see him take some of those fans out.
actually the stupid thing was Blount wanting to jump in the stands. Yeah, lets jump in stands among hundreds of fans who are already wanting to beat the crap out of you for sucker punching one of their players....yeah real smart.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post

If he has no future in the National Felons League or No fun League(pick whatever you wanna call it) then Im sure he could find a career in MMA LOL
the problem with that is there is rarely an opportunity to cowardly sucker punch someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football