U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 06:01 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,282,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
Well when you spend most of the match laying on the ground hugged up with another grown man I think nothing will suprise you(or any of the drunk people who would pay to watch it live in person)
and you are implying....what?

Old 09-04-2009, 06:05 PM

6,760 posts, read 10,581,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I'm not defending. If you had READ my post you would have realized the penalty he was given was more sever than most get for DUI's. Are you saying you think a DUI is less severe than this? In Georgia if your arrested for alcohol related charges you miss 10% of the season. So the entire season for punching some one in the face who had no long lasting effect vs 1-2 games for drinking and driving. Hmmm no your right that sounds right
What in the world does this have to do with DUI's and suspensions? I am talking about the players actions. You seemed to like his actions and even worse, you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I would have loved to see him take some of those fans out.
You would have loved to see a bunch of fans be assaulted by an out of control thug, yet you are changing the subject to DUI suspensions in Georgia....

Old 09-04-2009, 06:15 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,743,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
What in the world does this have to do with DUI's and suspensions? I am talking about the players actions. You seemed to like his actions and even worse, you said:

You would have loved to see a bunch of fans be assaulted by an out of control thug, yet you are changing the subject to DUI suspensions in Georgia....

Stop read. I am saying it is hypocritical for the university to suspend him for an entire season when looking at previous suspensions for things like DUI's or assault got lesser suspensions.

Eddie Pleasant and Jamere Holland, members of Oregon football team in 2008 and were charged with reckless driving and drag racing. They were racing a vehicle when they lost control and hit an on coming car. They missed ONE GAME and that was because they were hurt from the accident, no suspension.

So a guy punches another guy in his face and his is clearly fine, but gets suspended a whole season. Two guys drag race hit another car and get no suspension.

As far as the fans, I woudn't have felt sorry for them if he hit them. They are classless, to be shouting who knows what at him. In the video there is one guy following Blount in the stands screaming at him. Is that behavior acceptable to you? Just because you have a ticket doesn't mean you are free to verbally assault some one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football