U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 09-04-2009, 04:44 AM
 
61 posts, read 143,557 times
Reputation: 51

Advertisements

Wow. What a piece of human trash. This guy has already been suspended before. If Oregon had any class whatsoever they would cut ties with this dude forthwith.

 
Old 09-04-2009, 05:24 AM
 
Location: McHenry, IL
1,515 posts, read 2,347,237 times
Reputation: 1412
The Boise guy got what was coming to him. Blount was shaking hands with everyone else when this punk wanna be got up in his face and started taunting him. The Boise coaches had already gone after the player for doing it when Blount reacted. Not saying it was the right reaction, but if your gonna act like a punk you better be prepared to be treated like a punk. I hate Oregon and I usually hate seeing stuff like this, but the Boise guy was out of line and he got owned.......big time.
 
Old 09-04-2009, 05:26 AM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 4,173,951 times
Reputation: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
The Boise guy got what was coming to him. Blount was shaking hands with everyone else when this punk wanna be got up in his face and started taunting him. The Boise coaches had already gone after the player for doing it when Blount reacted. Not saying it was the right reaction, but if your gonna act like a punk you better be prepared to be treated like a punk. I hate Oregon and I usually hate seeing stuff like this, but the Boise guy was out of line and he got owned.......big time.
I kind of agree with you there, BUT all the stuff Blout was talking before the game was just ridiculous, he just should of kept his mouth shut, things like that will happen if you run your mouth like that before a game.

But the Boise guy should get suspended if it was a racial slur.
 
Old 09-04-2009, 05:54 AM
 
Location: The Milky Way Galaxy
2,249 posts, read 3,806,390 times
Reputation: 1443
I agree Blount is a POS. Football is trash talk all game. It happens in the NFL all the time. But pull their "punches" on the field. Its obvious Blount couldn't take the trash talk and punched the Boise guy like a little sissy when he's not looking. Real @ussy.
 
Old 09-04-2009, 06:34 AM
 
Location: nc
1,244 posts, read 1,276,401 times
Reputation: 290
why did he go after his own teammate afterward and the fans? I'm sure the fans were saying something too, but it looked like he went after his teammate too, what was that all about?
 
Old 09-04-2009, 06:39 AM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 4,173,951 times
Reputation: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
why did he go after his own teammate afterward and the fans? I'm sure the fans were saying something too, but it looked like he went after his teammate too, what was that all about?
I'm guessing he just got caught in the moment and didn't really care who was around him or near him. He was just that upset I guess
 
Old 09-04-2009, 06:50 AM
 
Location: Birmingham
756 posts, read 1,175,901 times
Reputation: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
The Boise guy got what was coming to him. Blount was shaking hands with everyone else when this punk wanna be got up in his face and started taunting him. The Boise coaches had already gone after the player for doing it when Blount reacted. Not saying it was the right reaction, but if your gonna act like a punk you better be prepared to be treated like a punk. I hate Oregon and I usually hate seeing stuff like this, but the Boise guy was out of line and he got owned.......big time.
If you are going to defend behavior, we should look at what caused the Boise guy to say something to begin with. Perhaps Blount had it coming to him?

This is just awful behavior and Blunt went after his own teammates, fans and then had to be escorted out of the stadium-he doesn't belong any where near a team much less on a field. Give his scholarship to some one that is more appreciative of the opportunity.

Last edited by 1984vt; 09-04-2009 at 08:15 AM.. Reason: typo
 
Old 09-04-2009, 06:55 AM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 4,173,951 times
Reputation: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984vt View Post
If you are going to defend behavior, we should look at what caused the Boise guy to say something to begin with. Perhaps Blount had it coming to him?
This is just awful behavior and Blunt went after his own teammates, fans and then had to be escorted out of the stadium-he doesn't belong any where near a team much less on a field. Give his scholarship to some one that is more appreciated of the opportunity.
Yup thats what I was getting at, he talked a whole lot of smack before the game and maybe could not handle the fact they lost, maybe he was so confident in winning.

BUT if it was a racial slur, thats different, but I don't know if we will ever know what was said. I'm inclined to think that it was the smack he was talking, I guess we shall find out in the next few days, and as well his punishment.
 
Old 09-04-2009, 06:58 AM
 
3,855 posts, read 3,176,837 times
Reputation: 1745
I agree, he's a POS. I'd say he isn't going to be enrolled in college by next week. It was also a sucker punch, a good one, but still a sucker punch.

And wuts up with #29 and #2 on BSU? They were just standing there after the fact and did nothing, I'd be pissed if those guys were my teammates.


YouTube - Oregons LeGarrette Blount Blount punches Boise player in the face after loss (original)



FWIW; this should have been posted in the 2009 CFB thread.
 
Old 09-04-2009, 07:13 AM
 
61 posts, read 143,557 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Yup thats what I was getting at, he talked a whole lot of smack before the game and maybe could not handle the fact they lost, maybe he was so confident in winning.

BUT if it was a racial slur, thats different, but I don't know if we will ever know what was said. I'm inclined to think that it was the smack he was talking, I guess we shall find out in the next few days, and as well his punishment.
I'd doubt it was a racial slur. Athletes are usually far ahead of the curve as far as race relations go. White athletes especially, when compared to the general white public are far less prejudiced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top