Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 04:22 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Good point. Didn't think about that. TCU used to be in a major conference back in the SWC days, as I'm sure you know living in Fort Worth.

Well, if nothing else, the better these teams get with each year that passes, the more respect their conferences will garner. I know as a Michigan fan I sure as hell wouldn't take ANY of those teams lightly were they on my schedule (Utah beat us in Ann Arbor in 2008). The southern schools will be the toughest sell when it comes to respect for the WAC and MWC (even though Utah thumped Alabama the same year).
Well, TCU does have a bit of an edge compared to the schools I named.

Not only were the Horned Frogs in the prestigious SWC, but they can say something the other BCS busters cant.... TCU's won multiple national titles already, has alot more tradition, and they are also a southern school. But because they're in the Mt. West, they can't go back to their glory days as easily as Michigan could. The only other school that comes close is BYU, but you're right in saying that these schools have to keep up their recent success. It's been a good 7 or 8 years now, so I'd say so.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 04:33 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Here's what I'd like to see:
Utah and Colorado to the Pac10. Pac10 sets up a Championship game.
Missouri to the Big Ten. Big Ten sets up Championship game.
TCU to the Big XII.

What do I do with Boise State? I don't know. Could they be the 12th team in the BigXII. Colorado hasn't been overly thrilled being the only school in the MT Zone. so I don't know how BSU would like it.

Maybe there needs to be a Big West like there is a Big East. If you make a championship between the Big East and Big West get an automatic BCS bid...it might help teams like Fresno and SJose St rise up a little bit. Or they might suck worse.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
TCU to the Big XII.

What do I do with Boise State? I don't know. Could they be the 12th team in the BigXII. Colorado hasn't been overly thrilled being the only school in the MT Zone. so I don't know how BSU would like it.

Maybe there needs to be a Big West like there is a Big East. If you make a championship between the Big East and Big West get an automatic BCS bid...it might help teams like Fresno and SJose St rise up a little bit. Or they might suck worse.
For that to happen, the Big XII would have to add someone else. Houston could be the prime candidate.
It would re-align like this:

BIG XII

North

- Iowa St.
- Kansas
- Kansas St.
- Nebraska
- Oklahoma
- Oklahoma St.

South

- Baylor
- Houston
- TCU
- Texas
- Texas A&M
- Texas Tech

. . . . Huh. You know, that's not a bad idea. I actually like how that looks.

As for Boise St., they could either join the Pac-10, Mountain West, or become independent and play whoever they want....

(Damn, that Big XII set up looks good. It combines the old Big 8 AND SWC)

Old 01-11-2010, 06:43 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,025,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
TCU to the Big XII.

What would you do with BYU?

Old 01-12-2010, 07:44 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners fan View Post
What would you do with BYU?
Their refusal to play games on Sunday just does not lend itself to the Pac10. That's where I would love to put them right along with Utah. But it would destroy most sports and the Pac10 will not take a team just for football. Also Boise State is out of the Pac10 because it is not a research UNI like Utah, BYU and Colorado.

BYU stays in a Mid Major conference that they will continue to dominate. I don't see anything else that can be done with them.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:53 PM

Wow.... uh, what a difference a year makes?

Old 01-01-2011, 06:38 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,681,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Wow.... uh, what a difference a year makes?
Que?

You mean that Boise scared away all of the good MWC teams to play in the cruddy Pac 10, the crummy Big East, and a (lol) attempt at independence?

Old 01-01-2011, 06:57 PM

Yeah yeah.... Good season, though. For both our schools....

Old 01-01-2011, 11:21 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,681,481 times
Not going to lie - I really, really wish that was us in the Rose Bowl. Really felt it was shaping up that way for us, too. But one bad half and that's that. Glad you could represent, though.

Congrats. We'll see you next year in Ft. Worth.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
Not going to lie - I really, really wish that was us in the Rose Bowl. Really felt it was shaping up that way for us, too. But one bad half and that's that. Glad you could represent, though.

Congrats. We'll see you next year in Ft. Worth.
I really thought we were gonna be in Boise.

Chances are, that game would be televised and with damn near the entire west side gone (the media part of the stadium), it wouldn't work.

Oh well..... See ya next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football