U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-05-2010, 05:41 PM
JJG JJG started this thread
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,182,274 times
Reputation: 7005

Advertisements

TCU lost. It's a bad day here in Fort Worth, but we lost to a good team. Congrats to Boise. We'll bounce back, we'll be back, yada, yada, yada....


Ok. Now that that's out of the way, let's get to the point.

Boise State once again beat a highly favored team in the Fiesta Bowl, this time holding a high ranking offense to only 10 points. I think they've shown the country (once again) that games aren't played on paper.
I'm not gonna have another "College Football needs a playoff" thread, even though I think we can't have enough of them. This thread rather points to Boise State's conference placement. The WAC is seen as one of the weakest conferences in the nation and the Mountain West isn't an AQC, but many say it should be. So, to add to both Boise's rep and the Mountain West's rise, put Boise in the MWC.


This will do two things.....

- It will add on to the Mountain West's national attention. You already have BYU, TCU, and Utah, the three dominant teams. You also have two very good Air Force and Wyomming teams. So by adding Boise State, you'll add another annually ranked team to a conference that has 3 every year.

Also

- It will put to rest most arguments of Boise State's "irrelevence", since they will be seen in a more competetive leauge and (fingers cross) will finally make the Mountain West an automatic qualifying conference.... that is, if we don't get a playoff first and if that happens, I really don't care.


BTW, TCU has just found a new rival. I wanna make it more significant by bringin' em into our leauge. If the Horned Frogs can't go to the Big XII, then make this happen!


GIVE THE LIL' GUYS A CHANCE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2010, 05:53 PM
 
16,527 posts, read 20,977,867 times
Reputation: 47975
As usual JJG's comments hit the mark. There is nothing else I can add that isn't already stated. Great post JJG!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 09:49 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,819,189 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
TCU lost. It's a bad day here in Fort Worth, but we lost to a good team. Congrats to Boise. We'll bounce back, we'll be back, yada, yada, yada....


Ok. Now that that's out of the way, let's get to the point.

Boise State once again beat a highly favored team in the Fiesta Bowl, this time holding a high ranking offense to only 10 points. I think they've shown the country (once again) that games aren't played on paper.
I'm not gonna have another "College Football needs a playoff" thread, even though I think we can't have enough of them. This thread rather points to Boise State's conference placement. The WAC is seen as one of the weakest conferences in the nation and the Mountain West isn't an AQC, but many say it should be. So, to add to both Boise's rep and the Mountain West's rise, put Boise in the MWC.


This will do two things.....

- It will add on to the Mountain West's national attention. You already have BYU, TCU, and Utah, the three dominant teams. You also have two very good Air Force and Wyomming teams. So by adding Boise State, you'll add another annually ranked team to a conference that has 3 every year.

Also

- It will put to rest most arguments of Boise State's "irrelevence", since they will be seen in a more competetive leauge and (fingers cross) will finally make the Mountain West an automatic qualifying conference.... that is, if we don't get a playoff first and if that happens, I really don't care.


BTW, TCU has just found a new rival. I wanna make it more significant by bringin' em into our leauge. If the Horned Frogs can't go to the Big XII, then make this happen!


GIVE THE LIL' GUYS A CHANCE!
Thats the first of seen of that throughout all my reading and talking with my college football boards. The reason the WAC gets a bad name is because Boise State keeps winning and nobody can beat them, and I really do think that they'd do that in every non-bcs conference there is. The WAC's top 3 could compete with any mid major team, they're not that terrible.

The best thing they can do is take Boise State, Nevada and Fresno State, add them to the MWC drop New Mexico,Colorado State (who embarassinly beat Nevada) and SDSU.

Combine them as a BCS conference.

Last edited by mattyj46; 01-05-2010 at 09:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2010, 02:55 PM
JJG JJG started this thread
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,182,274 times
Reputation: 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
As usual JJG's comments hit the mark. There is nothing else I can add that isn't already stated. Great post JJG!
Thank you.


And I know it might take a little more than just Boise moving to the Mountain West in order to make it an AQC, but it could be a start....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 12:09 PM
 
Location: Englewood, Near Eastside Indy
8,340 posts, read 14,102,864 times
Reputation: 5959
There was a rumor, I think it was last year, that the MWC was hoping to invite Boise State, Nevada, and Fresno State to make the MWC a 12 team conference.

While, it was a "rumor" and nothing more; where there is smoke there is fire....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 01:04 PM
 
2,625 posts, read 10,238,580 times
Reputation: 1858
i agree, ive always said this drop unm,send them to the wac and put boise in the mwc or pac 10
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 01:11 PM
JJG JJG started this thread
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,182,274 times
Reputation: 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
i agree, ive always said this drop unm,send them to the wac and put boise in the mwc or pac 10
I don't think we need to drop anybody. Personally, I wish the MWC had at least two more schools...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 01:17 PM
 
2,625 posts, read 10,238,580 times
Reputation: 1858
How about utep and boise, utep has alot of old rivlas in the mwc, and we just dont feel at home in cusa, plzying the likes of ucf,southern miss,marshall,tulane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 01:37 PM
JJG JJG started this thread
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,182,274 times
Reputation: 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
How about utep and boise, utep has alot of old rivlas in the mwc, and we just dont feel at home in cusa, plzying the likes of ucf,southern miss,marshall,tulane.
That might work.

And truth be told, I really wish that TCU was in the Big XII (as they should be), but just by going with what they have now, it's best to just add good teams in the current conference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 07:03 PM
 
Location: New Mexico to Texas
4,552 posts, read 13,457,615 times
Reputation: 2125
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
i agree, ive always said this drop unm,send them to the wac and put boise in the mwc or pac 10

but UNN is good for the confrence in basketball as BYU,UTAH,UNLV and UNM usually dominate the confrence, they are usually ranked too every now and then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top