Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 05:10 AM

2,325 posts, read 3,932,372 times

Advertisements

Texas Tech's should be interesting with its two best quarterbacks injured again. I'm going this Saturday to see the team's new look, the stadium expansion progress, and other stuff. Overall, it should be fun--I like what I'm seeing in the news, other than the injuries.

Has anyone gone to theirs this year? Was it fun? Did defense dominate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 12:33 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Ours is this saturday and I might go if I can get off work and school. Would like to see the new guys in action.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:48 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,054,484 times
I enjoyed watching North Carolina's spring game this past weekend. I was surprised it was on ESPN.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:53 AM

How is North Carolina supposed to do this year? I remember what Butch did at Miami.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:02 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
Spring is the time of optomism.

Our sports writers gush over how great the Minnesota Gophers look, how many individuals are nearly super stars, how the weakness of the previous year has been corrected.

Then fall comes and the hype builds as a few schools I never knew had a football program lose to the Gophers.

But ,eventually, reality sets in and we count the wins and losses to se if the Gophers can at least remain bowl eligible ( which isn't that much of an accomplishment)

same old,same old
year after year

Old 04-13-2010, 10:28 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,054,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
How is North Carolina supposed to do this year? I remember what Butch did at Miami.
They are "supposed to" do better this year, but the jury is still out! Who knows.. it's North Carolina, they haven't been good in a long time. However, their Defense was outstanding last year so if they can improve their offense this year, I can see them winning 9 or 10 games considering they went 8-4 last year.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Spring is the time of optomism.

Our sports writers gush over how great the Minnesota Gophers look, how many individuals are nearly super stars, how the weakness of the previous year has been corrected.

Then fall comes and the hype builds as a few schools I never knew had a football program lose to the Gophers.

But ,eventually, reality sets in and we count the wins and losses to se if the Gophers can at least remain bowl eligible ( which isn't that much of an accomplishment)

same old,same old
year after year
Sort of like how I felt with Tech, at least until 2008-09, though the last three games then were difficult to watch. It sometimes takes a "breakout" year for the fans to become more interested in the program.

It sure would be nice to see someone other than that team in Columbus win the Big Ten.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:23 PM

2,811 posts, read 5,623,002 times
I find it interesting that some schools do have their Spring games televised now- has that always been the case? Nebraska consistently has the largest Spring game crowds, with the last couple years being complete or near sell-outs! (I am from there, just moved away a few months ago, so I've seen the excitement in person) They are a big name and with the biggest crowds you'd think they would be a good fit for an ESPN broadcast.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
I find it interesting that some schools do have their Spring games televised now- has that always been the case? Nebraska consistently has the largest Spring game crowds, with the last couple years being complete or near sell-outs! (I am from there, just moved away a few months ago, so I've seen the excitement in person) They are a big name and with the biggest crowds you'd think they would be a good fit for an ESPN broadcast.
Yeah Pellini or Osborne should mention that the next time one of them is interviewed on that network.

And if they don't televise it, Ndamukong Suh can step on their feet...

Old 04-17-2010, 10:34 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,281 times
The Oregon Duck Spring Game will be on ESPN2 on May 1, 2010 at 4:00 pm (EST). I'm sure many out there are interested to see a trainwreck this year, but Oregon is loaded this year and many of us expect little drop off offensively.

Here's what Mandel has to say:
Even without Jeremiah Masoli, Oregon Ducks still Pac-10 favorite - Stewart Mandel - SI.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football