Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 04:56 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,968,123 times

Advertisements

This is just another reason why College Football has become a joke. BS standings and retard divisons. Hockey has some questionable teams on Western Conference and Eastern Conference but Texas teams in the Pac-16?

Really?

Yea, I know they are going to be two different divisions within a division which makes alot of sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 06:45 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,169,557 times
Do we really think the supersized WAC would have worked if only bigger schools took part in it? The Mountain West left because it is silly to have your conference spread all over the country. WAC II if it comes to be will last 10 years at most in my opinion simply because most fans of Texas, Oklahoma, and so on could care less about playing USC or UCLA if nothing is on the line and vice versa.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:52 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,169,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
Sources man Sources. If anyone should be unhappy in the SEC it should be Carolina, they've never been a factor but they are happy as clams.
It is hard to believe, but since Holtz started South Carolina has become light years better than they used to be. Prior to that they had like one good year in their entire history.

Quote:
Hell Vandy would never think of leaving SEC, I can't believe Arky aint happy with that money (personally would rather see them in a conference with Texas though).
Well you have to understand that Vandy is like an ugly chick invited to the dance and Arkansas is like an average look chick. The average looking chick can probably get another date, but the ugly chick knows she has to cling to whatever she has because she knows there's no chance of getting anyone else to take her. Plus even though it was an abusive relationship Arkansas thinks this time it'll be different if they can just get Texas to give them another chance.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:14 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
WAC II if it comes to be will last 10 years at most in my opinion simply because most fans of Texas, Oklahoma, and so on could care less about playing USC or UCLA if nothing is on the line and vice versa.
Not this Oklahoma fan. The conf champ of the the proposed Big16 would have an inside track to the BCS CG. If OU plays USC, trust me, plenty will be on the line. Same goes for if they play Oregon, USC, etc...

The big problem will be those POS Pac10 officials.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:43 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Not this Oklahoma fan. The conf champ of the the proposed Big16 would have an inside track to the BCS CG. If OU plays USC, trust me, plenty will be on the line. Same goes for if they play Oregon, USC, etc...

>>>>>
<<<<<

hahahahaha.......Oregon game, anyone?!

Old 06-08-2010, 11:43 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,848,791 times
I'd be all for some kind of overhaul for the Big XII--to me the conference has never really lived up to expectations as far as the two divisions being competitive. I can only remember a couple of championship games that were really exciting, the very first one and the slugfest between OU and KSU during OU's championship run. I'm probably missing a couple of others but that's pretty weak overall.

I could also possibly go for them just dropping a few members and losing the two divisions, although undoubtedly at least one of the teams to go would be one of the marquee teams so I don't know how good that would be.

However, I don't know if I want to see some kind of deal with a conference where the members are spread out all over the country, I agree that those usually don't end up doing well long term. I think it's usually better when conference members are all based in the same region.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:09 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post

Yeah, they really blew a lot of calls and really screwed the Ducks.

I agree, USC, Oregon, OU, Texas would all be huge matchups.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:16 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,281 times
I would love to go to Norman and play OU.

HOw ironic would that be. Didn't OU's president say he wouldn't play anymore Pac-10 once?

Old 06-08-2010, 12:18 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,125,525 times
Editor Jim Reeves said it best. Let Nebraska and Colorado go and bring in TCU and Arky.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:43 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,848,791 times
BTW, I forgot this last Big XII championship game, that was another good one. Still too often the title game has been pretty one-sided, overall the conference has been kind of a disappointment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football