U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 09-19-2010, 11:44 AM
 
7 posts, read 7,766 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

My names kg; i just moved from ny to az and i dont think i can take the cold ever again(less then 50 anytime of the year) i want to get out of the house so i can be independent. In order to get into the close arizona state u need to have a 2.5 with 4 years of math; i have 3 years of math and i will grad with a 2.2-2.3 if i keep my 3.3 gpa right now. Is there any community colleges where u can live on campus or close by for (0-550 in rent a month) i prefer cali; fla; or any place where it is hot.

Also is there any universitys that have on campus housing that except people with (1.5-2.5 gpa)

thanks ; please reply
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-19-2010, 12:25 PM
 
2,060 posts, read 3,038,841 times
Reputation: 1587
I thought you wanted to live in London (so much for no more cold) or Puerto Rico? And be a rapper?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2010, 02:27 PM
 
7 posts, read 7,766 times
Reputation: 10
its cold in london? oh nvm that.. and idk p-r is still an option
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2010, 02:58 PM
 
Location: Maryland not Murlin
7,468 posts, read 14,425,129 times
Reputation: 4653
Please do away with the text-speak if you want anyone to take you seriously.

Dorms are rare at community colleges, and on-campus housing is almost non-existant. There are a few in California and Florida. Just google it to find a list. If $550 is your monthly budget for rent, I would look towards Florida. The only places you will be able to find with that kind of money in California would be in impoverished areas or in a remote, rural, area. You'd have to get at least one roommate.

It is typical to have a 2.0 or higher to reside in dorms.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2010, 03:45 PM
 
707 posts, read 821,885 times
Reputation: 341
Florida, You can not find housing for 550 in a decent neighborhood, in the ghetto yes. Many community colleges in NYS have housing along with PA. Florida its rare to have community college housing only about 3 community colleges in florida have it, I would move somewhere where the job market is decent if you plan on working. It is not decent in many of the warm states such as Florida (11.5% unemployment) and California (12.5% unemployment).



Here is a list of places with community college housing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...campus_housing
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2010, 06:05 PM
 
3,425 posts, read 6,333,826 times
Reputation: 1862
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGLOC93 View Post
My names kg; i just moved from ny to az and i dont think i can take the cold ever again(less then 50 anytime of the year) i want to get out of the house so i can be independent. In order to get into the close arizona state u need to have a 2.5 with 4 years of math; i have 3 years of math and i will grad with a 2.2-2.3 if i keep my 3.3 gpa right now. Is there any community colleges where u can live on campus or close by for (0-550 in rent a month) i prefer cali; fla; or any place where it is hot.

Also is there any universitys that have on campus housing that except people with (1.5-2.5 gpa)

thanks ; please reply
So you're in Tucson (at least the area...right?) I am guessing b/c you say ASU is nearby. That's Pima County right? Pima County Community College would be at least worth a look. They likely have a student leisure area where you can check a bulletin board for finding a roommate.

If you like where you live and the reason you are looking elsewhere is b/c you cannot meet ASUs entrance requirement, then why not check out Pima CC? good luck.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2010, 12:04 PM
 
1,894 posts, read 3,018,051 times
Reputation: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post
So you're in Tucson (at least the area...right?) I am guessing b/c you say ASU is nearby. That's Pima County right? Pima County Community College would be at least worth a look. They likely have a student leisure area where you can check a bulletin board for finding a roommate.

If you like where you live and the reason you are looking elsewhere is b/c you cannot meet ASUs entrance requirement, then why not check out Pima CC? good luck.
ASU is in Tempe, UofA is in Tucson.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2010, 02:32 PM
 
3,425 posts, read 6,333,826 times
Reputation: 1862
Ah yes you are right. My bad.

OK fix that to finding a CC in the Tempe area and getting a roommate.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2010, 02:16 AM
 
Location: California
25,468 posts, read 16,753,139 times
Reputation: 17873
Not in CA, so don't even think about it. Go to a CC while living at home and transfer when you get your GPA up and prove youself college worthy.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2010, 03:54 PM
 
422 posts, read 235,532 times
Reputation: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Please do away with the text-speak if you want anyone to take you seriously.
Just what I was about to say. No wonder the OP is having college trouble. Master the english language before trying to attempt anything else.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top