Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 01:47 PM

14 posts, read 23,412 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,
I recently moved to the US from France and since I can't get a job while in school I am trying to save as much money as I can. I am not really used to doing comparative shopping and I was wondering if you could advise me on the best student discount website. I looked at a couple but some you had to like give you credit card number or pay for a card and I am not looking to buy anything up front. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 07:06 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,523,221 times
I think student discounts are going to be something that you will find regionally. For instance if you go to school in Philadelphia, students at local colleges can get free bus service with their student id's. Most museums and some theaters give student discounts. You just have to show your valid College id.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:25 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,239,004 times
I would be wary of student discounts for the most part, as the discount only applies if you spend X amount of money. I mean, is a 10% discount from Abercrombie a good deal when you have to spend $100 + to get the discount?

If you go around to the stores and restaurants near your college, you will find that a good amount of them offer student discounts.

As for online discounts, the reason why the can offer a "discount" is because they make their money by selling your information. Businesses have yet to learn that junk mail goes unread, but they keep trying, and will keep paying for your contact information (ironically, never from you directly).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities