Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2007, 04:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,525 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm currently at AIU london where I find out after applying and getting here that the school is in probation in losing its accrediation. Anyway.. I am not certain where to go NOW I'm considering FIDM or Berkeley or AIU los angeles. I want to do Fashion Marketing or Merchandising but I don't know where to go please help. I need to know what school has a great reputation where after being a student I can easily find a job. Anyone who has experience knowing what's out there and what is needed in other to get a job in my field. HELP ME!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 10:39 PM

420 posts, read 2,199,022 times
Honestly, I can give you a name but that's about it. I've heard from more than one source that Syracuse has a good program. That's about all I know, but I guess it's worth looking in to.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:51 AM

1 posts, read 3,424 times
If your looking for good, accredited design schools that have a competitive edge and will set you up in the industry, look at University of the Arts London/London College of Fashion, or Central Saint Martins College, also there's kingston univ. in the UK, and The well known Parsons New School, FIT, Hunter College NYC, FIDM, Drexel University, Cooper Union, UMASS Amherst, Univ. of Delaware, University of the Arts College in San Fran.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:32 PM

2 posts, read 5,542 times
Hey I got accepted into Parsons in NY and Instituto Marangoni in Europe but since I live in Miami and have little money, I cant go. Although Miami is very fashion-forward, the only college with a fashion design program is AIU. So I was wondering that even though they almost lost their accredidation, is it a decent school to go to? Im going for design and you said your going for merchandising, but what do you know about the design program? Im not expecting it to be like Parsons but I need to know if the instructors are good and thorough, or if they are just bitter art teachers that hand you some cloth and tell you to sew a skirt without any further instruction. I believe that if you have real talent, it wont matter, but im a perfectionist and need to learn the fundamentals that go beyond the basics. Also, most places look at where you went to school, and high-end designers only want the most prestigous students. For this reason, Im planning on going to Instituto Marangoni for my masters, but until then, i need a school to go to. I dont care about which aiu location, i just need to know if they generally have a good design program. ANY help would be extremely helpful. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities