Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2011, 04:15 PM

903 posts, read 3,579,599 times

Advertisements

Hi. Im a little ahead of myself but curious about the best way to look into scholarships offered to particular schools. I have few more years to go but wanted to get a head start in getting ideas for my daughter. If someone could give me advice on where to begin I would really appreciate it. She is a very good student in a district that is very competative with many good students. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 04:54 PM

22,584 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyla View Post
Hi. Im a little ahead of myself but curious about the best way to look into scholarships offered to particular schools. I have few more years to go but wanted to get a head start in getting ideas for my daughter.
Contact those schools.

How old is she?
Does she even now what she wants to major in or what school(s) she will apply to?

Old 11-21-2011, 05:19 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,297,575 times
Most colleges offer some type of scholarships for good students. That information will be on their websites and with admissions material when the time comes. The guidance counselor at her high school will also have information. There are several online sites you can check for scholarships but I would not recommend signing up for those sites until she is at minimum a junior in high school or you will get email after email for years for scholarships she can't apply to anyway. Fastweb is one online site. She can put in her information when the time comes and find scholarships that are geared toward her strengths. Look around the site but don't register yet.

Most high schools have seminars on the college process. I know our school starts in middle school talking about courses to take in high school if you are on the college track, then in each year in high school, grade appropriate information with a push junior year because there is so much to do those years, PSAT, ACT, SAT, college visits, college fairs, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities