U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-02-2011, 09:19 PM
 
2,500 posts, read 4,580,504 times
Reputation: 3132

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
"Is it possible to transfer to Princeton from another college or university?

No. Princeton does not offer transfer admission. Any student who has graduated from secondary school and enrolled as a full-time degree candidate at another college or university is considered a transfer applicant and is not eligible for undergraduate admission.
"

It seems they won't accept transfers from Stanford or Harvard either so it does not apply specifically to community colleges.

 
Old 12-02-2011, 09:25 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
85,077 posts, read 99,155,665 times
Reputation: 31559
^^^Jeez, isn't "lying" a fairly strong word?

You showed websites from two very top tier colleges that don't accept transfer students and one from a college that does accept them! The vast majority of colleges accept transfer students, and many accept courses from community colleges.
 
Old 12-02-2011, 09:27 PM
 
Location: NC
10,005 posts, read 8,746,797 times
Reputation: 3062
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Princeton University | Eligibility

Transfer Information : Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon

WFU | Office of the University Registrar - for certain areas of study.

You're welcome to look through the catalog if you believe they are lying on their website.
On the other hand there are some 4 year universities that encourage it for low income students.

C-STEP
 
Old 12-02-2011, 09:30 PM
 
8,195 posts, read 10,264,207 times
Reputation: 7491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I saved a hell of a lot of money by doing my generals at a community college and transferring to a 4 year university, but anyone who thinks they are gonna go for a walk down easy street with only an Associates Degree would probably be better served (and have more fun) if they spend some time flushing $100 bills down the toilet instead.
Plenty of nurses,including me,were able to make 100,000 dollars in a year with just an Associates.
But then again,nursing is sort of different.
Experience trumps education.

You have a Bachelor educated Rn(Bsn) who has one year of experience,and an Associates
(ASN) who has 5 years experience. Most nurse managers are going to give the job to the ADN.

Anyone who graduates from a top university with a useless degree would have a better time flushing 100 dollar bill down the toilet.
But hey,according to you guys that's better right?
 
Old 12-02-2011, 09:35 PM
 
24,511 posts, read 34,248,417 times
Reputation: 12788
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
"Is it possible to transfer to Princeton from another college or university?

No. Princeton does not offer transfer admission. Any student who has graduated from secondary school and enrolled as a full-time degree candidate at another college or university is considered a transfer applicant and is not eligible for undergraduate admission.
"

It seems they won't accept transfers from Stanford or Harvard either so it does not apply specifically to community colleges.
Correct. So if you intend to go to any of those schools or others like them, don't plan on transferring in.
 
Old 12-02-2011, 09:37 PM
 
24,511 posts, read 34,248,417 times
Reputation: 12788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
^^^Jeez, isn't "lying" a fairly strong word?

You showed websites from two very top tier colleges that don't accept transfer students and one from a college that does accept them! The vast majority of colleges accept transfer students, and many accept courses from community colleges.
The other one does not accept them for all programs. That's why it was on the list.

Yes, these are all decent schools. What's your point? As I stated before, many colleges don't accept transfer students. If you don't want to transfer into one of those colleges, then it's not an issue. But if you want to go to one of these colleges, then you should know beforehand that you cannot attend community colleges first, and in the case of some schools, any school prior.

You seemed to want something from their catalogs.... as if that was the only place of truth. The websites should suffice.
 
Old 12-02-2011, 09:41 PM
 
24,511 posts, read 34,248,417 times
Reputation: 12788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
On the other hand there are some 4 year universities that encourage it for low income students.

C-STEP
Correct, there are.....
 
Old 12-02-2011, 09:44 PM
 
24,511 posts, read 34,248,417 times
Reputation: 12788
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Anyone who graduates from a top university with a useless degree would have a better time flushing 100 dollar bill down the toilet.
But hey,according to you guys that's better right?
I don't know which degrees are useless.... but do you honestly think that a BA in History from Harvard would not be gainfully employed?
 
Old 12-02-2011, 09:49 PM
 
Location: NC
10,005 posts, read 8,746,797 times
Reputation: 3062
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Correct, there are. And it will work out for students wanting to go to those universities. I never said otherwise.

All I said was to know that many don't allow transfers. So, clearly, this is something you must consider when planning out your education.
I guess it depends on your definition of many.
 
Old 12-02-2011, 09:51 PM
 
249 posts, read 666,650 times
Reputation: 518
Blame it on the instructors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top