Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 01:24 AM

8 posts, read 11,740 times

Advertisements

I am an Indian guy from Chandigarh and I want to going Abroad for my further studies. I am a medical student and i want to join St.Augustine school of medical Georgia USA because they are provided online medical courses it is really beneficial for me because i want job with study in abroad tell me. If i am join this school for my further studies or medical courses it is beneficial for me?

Thanks
Regards

Old 06-06-2013, 08:22 AM

37,096 posts, read 41,226,282 times
There is no St. Augustine medical school in Georgia, USA.

Any school that offers online courses is likely not legitimate.

Finish school where you are now. If you plan to come to the US, improve your English first. Then see here:

ECFMG | About ECFMG

Old 06-06-2013, 08:27 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnavkumar View Post
I am an Indian guy from Chandigarh and I want to going Abroad for my further studies. I am a medical student and i want to join St.Augustine school of medical Georgia USA because they are provided online medical courses it is really beneficial for me because i want job with study in abroad tell me. If i am join this school for my further studies or medical courses it is beneficial for me?

Thanks
Regards

You need to improve your use of the English language first then do your own research regarding what you need to reach your goal. Also, I am not sure there are legitimate online classes for the medical field.

Seriously, would you want to use any medical staff who took their classes online?

Old 06-06-2013, 10:08 PM

3 posts, read 4,951 times
I thinks this school based in Atlanta G.A. Am i right my friend.

Old 06-07-2013, 04:22 AM

Default Thanks

Thanks my friend how can i improve my English tell me my friend?

regards

Old 06-07-2013, 04:25 AM

Default To Mr.Vijay

Yeah you are right sir it is Atlanta.GA based medical school

Old 06-07-2013, 06:17 AM

37,096 posts, read 41,226,282 times
I live in Georgia. There is no legitimate medical school by that name in Georgia.

Edited to add: There is apparently a school by that name that trains medical office assistants, people who help doctors: answer telephones, place patients in rooms, take blood pressures, things like that.

It is not a school for physicians.

You cannot go to medical school online in this country.

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 06-07-2013 at 06:48 AM..

Old 06-07-2013, 07:17 AM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
That is a school that allows people to be medical assistants - NOT doctors. The average pay of medical assistants is in the low 30 thousands.

Job description of a medical assistant:
Quote:
Perform administrative and certain clinical duties under thedirection of physician. Administrative duties may include schedulingappointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding for insurancepurposes. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs andmedical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, andadministering medications as directed by physician.
I'm not even sure this school is accredited to churn out medical assistants. The is no place in the United States where you can become a doctor on the internet. Heck, you can't even become a nurse strictly online. There are programs that current nurses can do most of their studies online if they want to become nurse practitioners, but even they must spend some of the time on campus. I really question how adequately even a medical assistant can be trained online for the clinical portion.

Not sure why these two posters are promoting this. But, no, it is not a good idea and it would be of zero benefit to you if you wanted to be a doctor.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:17 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,339,300 times
I just had to google it:

"St. Augustine School of Medical Assistants is nationally accredited by the "The National Accreditation and Certification Board" (NACB), a private third party health profession and business accreditation organization. This is a private accreditation, not affiliated with the US Department of Education or any governmental organization. "

LOL!!!

Old 06-11-2013, 03:02 AM

Default suzy_q2010

hello suzy_q2010

But I have a site of St.Augustine school of medical assistant and in it all info about this school
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities