Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 04:00 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
Can you give me an example of an online university because this is a commonly misused term? For-profit is not synonymous with online college. As far as credits not transferring, this has more to do with accreditation. I actually emailed most of the top 25 public schools according to U.S. News and all of them said they would take credits earned online at regionally accredited schools. Only one said that they rarely award credit for University of Phoenix courses, but UoP is not an online university. One school did say that they will not accept online courses in psychology and science no matter where they come from.
When I say online I am talking about Rasmussen, UofP, Kaplan, etc. As far as transferring credits, leaving an online university to transfer is fairly easy but transferring credits to an online university can be a challenge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 08:33 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,477,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
When I say online I am talking about Rasmussen, UofP, Kaplan, etc. As far as transferring credits, leaving an online university to transfer is fairly easy but transferring credits to an online university can be a challenge.
What is your definition for online university? Kaplan and UoP have campuses. When UoP first opened, online degrees didn't even exist.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:26 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,655,077 times
Here is another possibility - Arizona State.

It's realty silly to even think of going to a for profit or an unaccredited college.
(I know they are not the same.)

So many people do not think well of these businesses. Why bother at all? Why put yourself at any disadvantage? Even if it's only a perceptual disadvantage and all of those who think this are dead wrong?

Enough people think it. So it's true. Does anyone really love Kaplan or U of P that much to want to make them rich while you spend your life with credentials that have made other people rich that make you look silly?

Do yourself a favor and choose a not for profit accredited college with a b and m campus.

Make these business owners get a real job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities