Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 07:39 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,807,934 times

Advertisements

Whatever man. Good luck.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:24 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,008,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Whatever man. Good luck.
Well, you tried.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:49 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,040,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikefirefall View Post
I'm going to try my hardest to get into top schools. If I don't, then I'll be satisfied knowing I got rejected but I still gave it everything I had.
One more piece of advice, study hard for the LSAT. Do NOT screw up on it and think you can take it again and again. They report ALL scores to the schools you apply to. If you achieve a low score the first time you have NO chance to get into a decent law school. The school will then know for sure that you don't take anything seriously and don't prepare. It will not matter to them if you received a higher score the second or third time.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:23 PM

603 posts, read 844,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Well, you tried.
He tried to tell me I had no chance of accomplishing something great. I don't listen to people like that. I try my hardest and if I don't make it, then at least I went down trying.

I'm not a quitter but the user you responded to is. And apparently you are as well.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:25 PM

653 posts, read 811,918 times
Quote:
He tried to tell me I had no chance of accomplishing something great. I don't listen to people like that. I try my hardest and if I don't make it, then at least I went down trying.

I'm not a quitter but the user you responded to is. And apparently you are as well.

He wasnt. He was trying to point out that law school admissions is a numbers game. GPA vs. LSAT. IF you can get a 170 LSAT you are good to go. Take it from me, Ive done the law school admissions process many times.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick5575 View Post
He wasnt. He was trying to point out that law school admissions is a numbers game. GPA vs. LSAT. IF you can get a 170 LSAT you are good to go. Take it from me, Ive done the law school admissions process many times.
He told me a school like UCLA wouldn't even admit me to mop their floors. He also said the bottom schools wouldn't even be anxious to admit me. He was wrong on both parts, and all I did was tell him that.

I'm going to aim for a 180, like everyone who takes the test should. If I don't get into a top school, that's fine. I at least tried my hardest.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:36 PM

653 posts, read 811,918 times
Quote:
He told me a school like UCLA wouldn't even admit me to mop their floors. He also said the bottom schools wouldn't even be anxious to admit me. He was wrong on both parts, and all I did was tell him that.

I'm going to aim for a 180, like everyone who takes the test should. If I don't get into a top school, that's fine. I at least tried my hardest.
If you get a 170 or higher, you will get into a decent school. And if you can get your GPA to at least 3.0, your chances will be even better. The higher the LSAT score the higher the likelihood of acceptance and maybe even money towards tuition. That being said, you better be absolutely sure law school is what you want or it will be a detriment to your life.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick5575 View Post
If you get a 170 or higher, you will get into a decent school. And if you can get your GPA to at least 3.0, your chances will be even better. The higher the LSAT score the higher the likelihood of acceptance and maybe even money towards tuition. That being said, you better be absolutely sure law school is what you want or it will be a detriment to your life.
I'm planning to take a practice test tonight. I really want to stay in CA, so I'd be looking at UCLA, USC, Pepperdine, Loyola, Chapman, Southwestern, San Diego, and San Diego State to apply if I did take the real LSAT and got at least a 170. I know my chances are a long shot, but better to apply and get an official answer than assume I wouldn't get in.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:47 PM

13,249 posts, read 33,387,446 times
This thread has been closed due to an overflow of unhelpful remarks.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities