Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 11:24 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,867,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzii View Post
Its interesting what you all said.

At my school, tour guides wear jeans, cargos or slacks (no sweats, ripped jeans or leggings) and something with the school logo on it, a hoodie a shirt etc, when its warmer we get school polos.
From what I remember, colleges that were sort of local tourist attractions, often had a more professionalized campus tour program. In particular, I remember Notre Dame and Catholic University in DC having really great tours and great tour guides. Those older colleges in rural areas, with old chapels, art museums, nice quads and student unions, concert halls, etc., would fit too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 12:01 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I only attended a few tours with my children as they had narrowed their choices to just two Universities each. In all cases the tour guides had "uniforms" such as khaki colored shorts or pants and a nice University polo shirt with the logo "tour guide" or black pants or skirts and a University shirt. At the Universities all the tour guides plus all of the other students/adult connected with tours/orientation wore matching outfits. It certainly made it easy to find someone to answer any questions.
Several of my college roommates worked in admissions for work study, and did prospective student tours...my sister did the same when she was in undergrad half a dozen years later at a different school. In both those instances, there was a required dress code for work...non-ripped jeans/khakis, and a shirt or coat displaying the school name or logo. They didn't have a uniform, but it was expected that they'd be neatly groomed and wearing school-branded attire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities