Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 08:51 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,695,383 times

Advertisements

Bit stressed. Math is probably my greatest weakness and taking an online summer class. Outside of homework feel MyMathLab offers very little benefit for me. Been using Khan Academy and I actually picked up a few topics being covered.

The homework is easy to get at least a 90 or higher due to being able to take the HW several times. The homework is 20% of the grade. The quizzes are 25% of the grade and about 8 to 10 quizzes. You have two shots at the quizzes.

I am worried a 51 will ruin my grade.

Plan for this class is take 8 to 10 hour's a week to learn, study, do homework, and give myself time for the quizzes. Kind of rushed last week as I was playing catch up as I started the class late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 10:25 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Bit stressed. Math is probably my greatest weakness and taking an online summer class. Outside of homework feel MyMathLab offers very little benefit for me. Been using Khan Academy and I actually picked up a few topics being covered.

The homework is easy to get at least a 90 or higher due to being able to take the HW several times. The homework is 20% of the grade. The quizzes are 25% of the grade and about 8 to 10 quizzes. You have two shots at the quizzes.

I am worried a 51 will ruin my grade.

Plan for this class is take 8 to 10 hour's a week to learn, study, do homework, and give myself time for the quizzes. Kind of rushed last week as I was playing catch up as I started the class late.
How many credits is the class? I good guideline for most college classes is to plan 3 to 4 hours a week per credit (if it semester long class). So 9 to 12 hours a week for 3 credits. If it is a class that you need to finish in the summer you probably will need to do more hours a week.

Now, if it is an online class where you have unlimited weeks to finish the class it would be different.

Don't worry about the one bad grade just study a lot harder for the next quiz.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities