Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2017, 10:19 AM

244 posts, read 414,869 times

Advertisements

Fellow students!

What classes are you taking this semester?

I just got off an accelerated two-week class called Principles of Marketing. A ton of writing in a short amount of time, but nice to get 3 credits done in nearly no time.

I accepted an internship with a large Public Accounting firm this semester (full-time!) so I am taking most of my classes online. I am registered for:

1.) Legal Environments for Business
2.) Organizational Management
3.) Internship Credit
4.) GRADUATE LEVEL: Accounting Communication & Research

With my internship credit and my intensive two-week class, I am still getting a full 15 credits done this Spring semester.

Anyone else have anything exciting happening this spring?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 03:41 PM

10,748 posts, read 5,672,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin0129 View Post
Fellow students!

What classes are you taking this semester?

I just got off an accelerated two-week class called Principles of Marketing. A ton of writing in a short amount of time, but nice to get 3 credits done in nearly no time.

I accepted an internship with a large Public Accounting firm this semester (full-time!) so I am taking most of my classes online. I am registered for:

1.) Legal Environments for Business
2.) Organizational Management
3.) Internship Credit
4.) GRADUATE LEVEL: Accounting Communication & Research

With my internship credit and my intensive two-week class, I am still getting a full 15 credits done this Spring semester.

Anyone else have anything exciting happening this spring?
You are going to be able to handle that class load while working a full time accounting internship? Really?

Old 01-15-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
You are going to be able to handle that class load while working a full time accounting internship? Really?
I took 21 credits last semester while working 25 hours a week. I got a 3.86 at the end and my overall is a 3.95. It's doable.. just not fun. This is only 9 actual credits, as the only thing I have to do for the internship credit is keep a weekly journal of my work and then write a paper at the end after the internship.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:52 PM

99 posts, read 102,386 times
I also started with a 2 week course, but it was a short-term study abroad in Spain.
Currently I am registered for French Culture, Ethnic Studies, Criminology and Music Composition lessons.
I am a geography major but I only need one more geography class to graduate and it's only in fall semester, so I am using this last full semester for electives. So total credits is 14. After this semester I'll only need 8 to graduate! Basically my last geography class, which is globalization, and then two more elective classes.

I hope to do a maymester/2 week study abroad as well.

Good luck this semester

Old 01-22-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by throughthelookingglass View Post
I also started with a 2 week course, but it was a short-term study abroad in Spain.
Currently I am registered for French Culture, Ethnic Studies, Criminology and Music Composition lessons.
I am a geography major but I only need one more geography class to graduate and it's only in fall semester, so I am using this last full semester for electives. So total credits is 14. After this semester I'll only need 8 to graduate! Basically my last geography class, which is globalization, and then two more elective classes.

I hope to do a maymester/2 week study abroad as well.

Good luck this semester

Thanks you too! Sounds like you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. After this semester I have 5 undergraduate classes and 9 graduate classes to finish... it sounds a lot better than the 31 and 10 that it was when I started!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities