U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 10:17 AM

29,921 posts, read 34,526,470 times

Advertisements

She needs to find a new line of work. Assuming she communicates well and is attractive, she should be able to get into some sales type work.

She can keep her acting as a part time or hobby type gig.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 02:22 PM

1,664 posts, read 770,645 times
Know what you call a graduate with a theater degree?

"OH, WAITER!!!"

Old 12-11-2017, 07:27 AM

9,693 posts, read 5,275,637 times
I have ZERO sympathy for people (smart people, too) who take out tens to hundreds of thousands in PRIVATE student loans (and, let's face it: these horror stories are almost all private student loans as federal student loans have income-based repayment plans, which allows for low income people to often pay $0 in monthly payments). When I was trying to figure out a way to cover the last $5,000 or so of college as I was preparing to enter college, I, too, applied for a private loan via My Rich Uncle. Before I signed anything, though (and, no, I didn't ultimately sign anything), I made sure to actually read through the documents and see how much I'd be repaying. For a $7,000 loan, I'd be paying back nearly $35,000, which was bat**** crazy. And, note, this was the amount that would be due, after interest, at the end of 4 years if I recall correctly! I quickly tore up that loan application and swore that if I wasn't able to find alternative funding sources, then I'd (gasp) just attend a local, cheaper university that I could actually afford (such as CUNY or SUNY). The information on loan amount and interest and what you're expected to pay over time is often plain as day if you actually take the time to read through these loan documents; it certainly was for me in 2007. If you choose to ignore these warnings to attend a school you can't afford and, so, shouldn't be attending, then don't blame the private lender. That or actually major in something that is much more likely to earn you a very decent paycheck upon graduation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or