Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 08:16 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Ok, thanks for the replies guys. I have another question. What are some career ideas for someone who loves the LSAT?

Lawyer
LSAT prep teacher
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 08:42 AM

1,387 posts, read 1,071,473 times
Outstanding scores on an LSAT or other such exam can and likely should be used on a resumé as evidence of mastery in a complex field. Many potential employers will find that useful information. As for careers, any that involve application of a body of stated principles to real-world situations might be targets. HR officers for one do this sort of thing regularly.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:10 PM

653 posts, read 816,472 times
why take the LSAT if you are not going to law school?

Old 10-18-2017, 02:19 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,760,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17thAndK View Post
Outstanding scores on an LSAT or other such exam can and likely should be used on a resumé as evidence of mastery in a complex field. Many potential employers will find that useful information. As for careers, any that involve application of a body of stated principles to real-world situations might be targets. HR officers for one do this sort of thing regularly.
I don't know that I would even put it on a resume, even if I were applying for a job as an attorney. Employers will be more interested in law school grades and work experience than the LSAT score. I'd be surprised if any non-legal job cared at all about it.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:25 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17thAndK View Post
Nope.

LSATs are an aptitude test, not evidence of mastery of anything, including performing legal analysis such as applying a body of stated principles to real world situations. That's called practicing law, not doing well on the LSAT.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:34 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
LSATs are essentially worthless unless you apply to law school.

I wouldn't put it down on a resume either unless you apply for a job at a law firm. Most employers in a non-legal field will see that and think, oh this applicant probably wants to do something legal. And then not hire you. They may even wonder why you are using this on your application for a non legal job.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:18 AM

200 posts, read 146,992 times
There may be some grad programs other than law Schools that accept the LSAT in addition to the GRE or GMAT.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:23 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,398,802 times
You can frame it and hang it on your wall.

Old 10-25-2017, 11:19 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
I think there are services that will put it on a plaque for you to buy and hang on your wall; and they will put your name in a book that they will then sell to you, so you can say you were listed in the book. Actually I think you have to buy the book before they will put your name in it. I do not remember.

IN California and I think Alaska (or Hawaii) you can use the score to impress a lawyer to take you on as an apprentice. After a number of years, or whenever they are prepared to certify you as ready, you can take the baby bar. Pass that and you can take the real bar. Pass that and you are a lawyer, without going to law school.

As to career ideas you could work for the testing board if you have the credentials (like a 3.8 from Harvard law).

You could become a literature critic and/or professor, it involves the same type of thinking/skills. Maybe a talking head or political commentator.

Or Batman. You could use it to become Batman.

Old 10-25-2017, 11:21 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
You can frame it and hang it on your wall.
Yes, if it's that important to someone, they could do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities