U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2017, 08:50 PM

92 posts, read 35,263 times

Advertisements

what does it mean to be disqualified from a college? I was already on academic probation, and this summer term, I got sick half way in and ended up in a hospital, psych ward. I got paper work from the hospitalization. What do I do now? I'm so confused, I'll like to return this Spring 2018. I just reapplied to the school, maybe that is why I have no registration date yet, or maybe I got kicked out, I really don't know. I'm still in the hospital and will be out in a few weeks, and it'll be nice to know where I'm at asap. I have access to internet, I just cant visit or call the school for this information, and Google was no help here. Thank you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 08:59 PM

9,321 posts, read 7,324,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2017 View Post
what does it mean to be disqualified from a college? I was already on academic probation, and this summer term, I got sick half way in and ended up in a hospital, psych ward. I got paper work from the hospitalization. What do I do now? I'm so confused, I'll like to return this Spring 2018. I just reapplied to the school, maybe that is why I have no registration date yet, or maybe I got kicked out, I really don't know. I'm still in the hospital and will be out in a few weeks, and it'll be nice to know where I'm at asap. I have access to internet, I just cant visit or call the school for this information, and Google was no help here. Thank you all.
Can't call? Then email the appropriate people at the school and ask them.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:10 AM

126 posts, read 57,217 times
Call the Registrar's office @ the university.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:39 PM

72,901 posts, read 64,340,187 times
Whoever is responsible for putting you on academic probation, whichever office, should be contacted. Also the Registrar's office. If you don't know whom to call (or email), contact the central academic advising office, to ask. Or you can try your departmental undergrad advisor, if s/he knows you. That person could call around and find out; it's his/her job.

And for future reference, this is exactly why it's a good idea to make yourself known to your departmental advisor. But if you've declared your major, you're in their file, so it's their job to help you.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:39 AM

1,828 posts, read 782,072 times
Email the registrar. Was the school notified when you were hospitalized so you could be officially withdrawn from classes? If not, that's why they essentially kicked you out. You would have received Failing/Incomplete grades and you were on probation.

You might be required to write a personal statement to get back in. I know some schools do with dismissal after academic probation, but they might waive it since you were hospitalized. They should be able to get you answers though. Keep in mind you will still be on academic probation when you start back up. Good luck and take care of yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or