Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 10:45 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,393,104 times

Advertisements

Hi just trying to see if anyone has anymore advice. I'll be finally getting my apps in within the next couple weeks. I plan on talking to alumni, students, and faculty, and I'll be highlighting it in my essays to show my commitment. I'll also be visiting my now top choice next week and plan on sitting in on a class or two and introducing myself to faculty. I'm hoping that'll really make me stand out, especially considering it's 6 1/2 hours away.

I have a couple more stuff I plan to get done to sweeten my app, but I just want to make sure I stick out above the rest as much as I can. I have my recommendations lined up so that's no problem. If anybody has any advice, please let me know, I'm finally at the last leg.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2018, 09:16 AM

3,007 posts, read 6,262,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Hello, I will be applying to business Master's programs this month/first week of March and was hoping to get some advice from people who have been in my situation, or have experience.

Any advice on the applications, what to talk about, how to apply, who I should reach out to, try to visit yay or nay, Linkedin advice, how to make yourself stand out, etc, etc would be appreciated. I've contacted admissions at every school and have done research on the schools, alumni, the degree, the cities, etc.

My GPA is not where I wanted it, but everyone insists they look holistically. I'm hoping my upcoming GRE score will help balance that. I know the range I need to shoot for this time, and then I'll have my other tangibles: rec letters, volunteer experience, real world experience, etc.

Luckily the business programs I'm looking into are tailored for recent graduates who don't have a sea of work experience. Basically an MBA jr. Thank you so much.
My advice? You should be building a career not getting an MBA Jr.

Why? Few students at top tier MBA programs would be asking these questions as they are beyond them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities