U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2018, 06:59 AM

34 posts, read 12,919 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I have a strong passion for 3d modeling. What and where would you suggest me to get a university degree so i can pursue that job/career ?

is 3d modeling only included in:
architecture,
mechanical engineering,
product/industrial design,
3d art such as video games,movies ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 08:26 AM

24,737 posts, read 59,687,302 times
Our company does a lot of that for construction. we can do more with it them most design firms (architects/engineers) I can ask on of the engineers who do it what they think are the best schools for it. The guy I know best has a masters. Do you want to now about undergrad or grad school options?

Old 02-21-2018, 09:17 AM

well,since im not familiar with it, you can provide as much informations as you can.

Last edited by pilgrim88; 02-21-2018 at 09:35 AM..

Old 02-21-2018, 02:19 PM

12,456 posts, read 27,102,172 times
You haven't really shared much about yourself and what you are looking for, ie, your stats, what you can afford, what kind of college you want, etc. Assuming you are just starting your search, check out colleges with co-ops. Here's one: Freshman Engineering Experience - Drexel Engineering

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 02-22-2018, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
You haven't really shared much about yourself and what you are looking for, ie, your stats, what you can afford, what kind of college you want, etc. Assuming you are just starting your search, check out colleges with co-ops. Here's one: Freshman Engineering Experience - Drexel Engineering
what kind of math students learning on this university? more like geometry stuff?

Old 02-23-2018, 01:42 PM

3,268 posts, read 6,290,057 times
You can find 3d modeling in all kinds of simulation related industries like military simulation or modeling interactions of protein molecules or modeling spacecraft orbits. Of course it's huge in drafting.

But it depends - what type of modeling you want to pursue. Do you want to learn the artistic side where you learn tools to draw 3d objects to manipulate (possibly art or digital design degree) or do you want to be the person that designs the actual modeling software or environment (general computer science degree) or do you want to be the guy\girl that applies math and physics to model chemical processes or fluid flow or building strength (all forms of engineering)?

Old 02-24-2018, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
You can find 3d modeling in all kinds of simulation related industries like military simulation or modeling interactions of protein molecules or modeling spacecraft orbits. Of course it's huge in drafting.

But it depends - what type of modeling you want to pursue. Do you want to learn the artistic side where you learn tools to draw 3d objects to manipulate (possibly art or digital design degree) or do you want to be the person that designs the actual modeling software or environment (general computer science degree) or do you want to be the guy\girl that applies math and physics to model chemical processes or fluid flow or building strength (all forms of engineering)?

I would like to be mostly focused on 3d modeling, so my future job could be 90% of 3d modeling. I guess that's only in video games/cinematics/digital art.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:18 AM

5,778 posts, read 3,052,832 times
He's asking what kind of 3d modeling. The education required for video game art is vastly different than the education for 3d modeling of the flow field through a turbine engine.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
He's asking what kind of 3d modeling. The education required for video game art is vastly different than the education for 3d modeling of the flow field through a turbine engine.

yea, i guess if you want to model a turbine engine as a mechanical engineer you must have/know that profession, 3d modeling software is just a tool. And you probably won't get too much 3d modeling in it after all.

So probably art / entertainment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or