Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 11:11 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,632,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Oh heck yes.

The community college I just graduated from was great, the most friendly people in the world and they bent over backwards for me and my wife.

The people at the university however were rude from the start. Did not care to assist and basically had the attitude of I was bothering them. It was because of their laziness and ill performance that I missed the summer registration deadline.

The university admissions were so rude in fact that it was the straw that broke the camel's back, my wife and I applied to another university and was promptly accepted.

They gave me such a hassle over my transcripts, they claimed they did not have them even though they were sent from my HS 3 times! After a heated argument, behold! they happen to find them. But by then it was too late, deadline passed and the dopes would not budge on admitting me.

But as I said, it was more than that little incident, the whole admissions process was the biggest pain ever, I have never in my life came across such a beaurocratic mess and such rude people.
Admissions staff are not faculty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 02:26 PM

874 posts, read 1,641,685 times
Not really; the closest to disrespect is my philosophy professor blaming Republicans for some measly issue. I'm not a Republican, but I thought that was very peculiar how it was completely off-subject. She did seem like she was "high" every time she came to class though.

My chemistry professor said that my answer to a question "makes no mathematical logic!!!", but I thought that was hilarious. It was weird because I received that same answer as him, yet he marked the entire problem wrong. That wasn't disrespect, but I assume some may take that as an insult since a lot of people get upset easily.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:45 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,884,448 times
It's funny, in SOME of my current 100 level classes. The teachers treat the students no different than a High School teacher would. I actually don't blame them since a lot of the kids are immature freshman. But in the 400 level classes, you are definitely treated more like a professional adult.

And the reception in my department is a bi-polar as hell. One day he's giving me so much disrespect/shade and the next week he is nice&friendly. Gosh, if you don't like me for whatever reason then that's TOTALLY fine!..Go for it!..no craps given!...but at least let me know and don't play games because it's just wasting both of our time!

Old 02-15-2014, 08:04 PM

102,063 posts, read 106,896,974 times
From faculty? Not that I recall. But I was surprised to be treated condescendingly and dismissively when I went to talk to the graduate adviser of one department regarding applying for their grad program. It's her job to provide students with info on the grad program and application process. Blowing prospective students off is just bizarre. It only happened in that one department, though. Elsewhere, I was welcomed by advisers and faculty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities