Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2009, 05:34 PM

356 posts, read 808,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
BC sucks. Go BU!
Boston sucks.

Period.

LETS GO YANKEES!

Old 03-05-2009, 06:20 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,074 times
I always believed that ivy league schools were better because the rich sent their kids there and the schools only accept two types the rich and the very smart. So the kids who were very smart got the chance to network with the very rich so that after school the very smart would have the connections to enjoy the lifestly the very rich had and more. thats why ivy league schools are the best.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:29 PM

157 posts, read 493,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
21 was about MIT.
it was about both, a MIT kid graduating with 4.0 GPA who trying to get in Harvard ('s medical school)

it's funny coz it's exactly like someone mentioned in this thread earlier, MIT graduates go to Harvard, Harvard graduates go to MIT, i wonder if that's really a case LOL

Old 03-05-2009, 08:16 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,209,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo_x View Post
in case you have difficulty in English, here is the definition of the word "scholarship",
It would be 'with', not 'in'...

Old 03-05-2009, 08:25 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,346,946 times
Quote:
1. BU hockey is better than BC hockey, which is all that matters.
2. BU's law school and medical school are better than BC's.
3. He was correct; The Ivies do not offer merit scholarships. 21 is a movie. Don't you know anything about movies?
That is seriously debatable.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:26 PM

It's really not. Not even close.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:33 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,346,946 times
Quote:
I see LOL so i guess my Large State School own all schools coz they went to national title game !!!

so what's the difference between "scholarshop" and "financial aid", coz i found this:
it's almost an insult saying Ivy schools dont give scholarships, whoever said this, it's strong reflecting of your intelligence level too lol

in case you have difficulty in English, here is the definition of the word "scholarship",

a scholarship is a scholarship, stop playing games with the wording
Well, you don't seem to know that sentences begin with capital letters nor do seem to understand simple rules of grammar, so I don't think you have the right to talk about the intelligence of others.

Also, that is not the definition of scholarship.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:54 PM

157 posts, read 493,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennquaker09 View Post
That is seriously debatable.
I actually checked it, for whatever strange reasons it is true

still BC owns BU on overall rankings, (BC #34 BU #60, based on US NEWS 2009 ranking) not sure why then LOL

to Mr.Pennquaker09, the almighty English king, I am a foreigner so English is not my first language, that's why I have the mistakes. please point me to the correct definition of "scholarship", I am willing to learn.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I actually checked it, for whatever strange reasons it is true

still BC owns BU on overall rankings, (BC #34 BU #60, based on US NEWS 2009 ranking) not sure why then LOL

to Mr.Pennquaker09, the almighty English king, I am a foreigner so English is not my first language, that's why I have the mistakes. please point me to the correct definition of "scholarship", I am willing to learn.
Rankings are irrelevant, and even though I no longer attend BU, it's still not 26 spots worse than BC. And as a foreigner, you should be partial to BU, since BC is about as diverse as a package of Wonderbread.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:26 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,236,916 times
Quote:
it was about both, a MIT kid graduating with 4.0 GPA who trying to get in Harvard ('s medical school)

it's funny coz it's exactly like someone mentioned in this thread earlier, MIT graduates go to Harvard, Harvard graduates go to MIT, i wonder if that's really a case LOL
Well, I didn't see the movie, but the story of a group of MIT students beating the house at 21 is true.

And....I made the comment about MIT grads attending Harvard for grad school. Not all MIT students attend Harvard for grad school, mind you, but MIT generally does not admit its own undergrad graduates into its own grad school. It is also kind of looked down upon, even though it is harder for an MIT graduate to attend MIT grad school then someone applying from a 'lesser' school with a lower GPA, GRE score.

Quote:
It's really not. Not even close.
Don't you think that it is ridiculous to attribute the success of a schools hockey team to that schools overall strength? Yeah, Chuck's University is better than Yale because Chuck's football team has been undefeated for the last for the last decade. Sorry but college ball has nothing to do with a schools education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities